Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Helen Of Troy

Cessy

Originally posted by Codica3

When I first saw commercials for it, they were saying: the greatest love story of all time.. and I thought ANTONY & CLEOPATRA so I was a little disappointed when they said Helen of Troy.

i know i dont think they were greatest love story of all time but it wasn't bad

"Helen of Sparta was perhaps the most inspired character in all literature, ancient or modern. A whole war, one which lasted for ten years, was fought over her. Not only that, nearly all the myths of the heroic age were threaded together in such a way that this most idealized of all wars was the culmination of various exploits, including the Argonaut, the Theban wars, and the Calydonian boar hunt. It is as though this event was in the destiny of every dynasty formed from the beginning of things."

...just a hint as to why this was the greatest love story...brought to you by your local greek representative...

Originally posted by phatman

...try the other way around...you've got it reversed...perhaps you've got a bit of greek in you...lol...

nj

actually, it is thought that the greeks took their legends from my people...who used to live off the black sea coast...whom they met trading eras back...but who knows...no one can say for sure what is up...but i ask because i heard a majority of the greek gov't is serbian and that a lot of greek land belongs to albanians and other eastern europeans...

Originally posted by sassa

actually, it is thought that the greeks took their legends from my people...who used to live off the black sea coast...whom they met trading eras back...but who knows...no one can say for sure what is up...but i ask because i heard a majority of the greek gov't is serbian and that a lot of greek land belongs to albanians and other eastern europeans...

...yes...serge brought up the point about many serbs being in the greek government at this time... the land ownership is debatable...not sure about the legends aspect either...i'm sure we could study up on tons of historical literature and not establish resolve...i'd never heard somebody say that...who knows...