Clubplanet Nightlife Community

getting rid of my mixer

I just purchased the pioneer djm 3000 mixer so i wil not be needing my old one.

its an intimidation apex.

http://www.intermusic.com/article.a...l=SMP&SubCat=28

its in pretty good condition.

its all knobs and it has a cross fader.

when this came out it was one of the first mixers to have seperate eq kill knobs. i got this thing back in 1998. it was my first real mixer. everything i learned was thru this thing. i used it until last week. the apex is a very sharp looking peice, all white with black knobs. it has a filter chamber where u can alter the music, giving it an underwater kind of muffled effect. another cool feature is a sound chamber which allows you to chop up the sound if thats your thing. in my opinion, its a great mixer for someone in the early stages of dj'ing.

theres one of 2 minor things with it:

the right main knob has some static when u turn it.

the sound is slightly bassy, i duno if its my sound system or the mixer.

i paid $325 for it back in 98.

my price? FREE. no charge. but theres a catch. i dont want to just give it to anyone. i want to give it to an aspiring dj thats starting out. maybe i will belive in your cause, maybe your short on money to buy a new mixer. whatever the story. email me and let me know what kind of music your playing or your story and in a few days ill select a winner. you must pick it up at my office. its in times square.

good luck

Victor Dinaire

Logic 3000/ BMG

www.victordinaire.com

email : logicinfo@aol.com

Wow Vic, that is prettty damn cool of you. In an age where everyone is looking to make a buck your actually looking to give something back. Im sure the mixer your giving away is a great mixer ... i bought mine back in '98 as well and im still using, i dont think they make pieces like that anymore.

Real nice of you man :)

wow! every so often the goodness of human nature comes out.... that's a really great offer.

don't need the mixer (i'm picking up a 24ch for my home studio in a few weeks) and my brother's got a triple-deck setup.... but i just wanted to comment on how awesome that is... much respect!

peaz,

rob

Yeah thats a cool mixer.. i def need a new mixer.

Its just soo funny . everyone on these posts are soo jolly.. Everyone is soo needy all of a sudden. i am just trying to be funny.. YAY , "Ur sooo Sweet", " Thats soo generous" "GOod humans n shit"

hahah

its all good in the hood

good shyt Vic!

i used to have that mixer when it just came out... thing i HATE about it is that on the channels, you CAN NOT select the inputs... it just spits em all out at once.... hard to really work with, but takes gettin used to!

good luck to those in need!

hey everyone

sorry for taking so long. i was suppose to select the winner on monday but as some of you know, that was the same day i heard logic records is closing down which is putting me out of a job along with my new cd cancelling. sucks. im sure u understand...

after reading thru SEVERAL entries, my decision was extremely difficult. i wish i was giving away 3 mixers because it was that close..

I chose Arnold from columbia university. he seemed really sincere and i thought the style of music he loved was good. the fact that he is working on a radio show for his music was impressive to me and it showed that he really wants to put his all in it.very dedicated. on top of that, from what he was telling me, his mixer is shot, lol.

eric martinez from DC was a very close second. i really wish i had multipl winners cause he definitly woulda been one in my category. good luck with everything bro.

nube was another close one. he was persistant (which is good in this industry) and being hes from Tranceaddict, thats alot of points to me. like i said before, i wish i had more to give. good luck my friend...

everyone else, keep up the hard work and i wish for nothing but the best...

hey everyone

sorry for taking so long. i was suppose to select the winner on monday but as some of you know, that was the same day i heard logic records is closing down which is putting me out of a job along with my new cd cancelling. sucks. im sure u understand...

after reading thru SEVERAL entries, my decision was extremely difficult. i wish i was giving away 3 mixers because it was that close..

I chose Arnold from columbia university. he seemed really sincere and i thought the style of music he loved was good. the fact that he is working on a radio show for his music was impressive to me and it showed that he really wants to put his all in it.very dedicated. on top of that, from what he was telling me, his mixer is shot, lol.

eric martinez from DC was a very close second. i really wish i had multipl winners cause he definitly woulda been one in my category. good luck with everything bro.

nube was another close one. he was persistant (which is good in this industry) and being hes from Tranceaddict, thats alot of points to me. like i said before, i wish i had more to give. good luck my friend...

everyone else, keep up the hard work and i wish for nothing but the best...

NOOO I was SECOND!!!!!!!!!

:(

Well good look Arnold from Columbia and tremendous Props to Victor for doing something as cool as this. I am really happy that I was considered.

Thanks Victor. Class act..

damb

curses foiled again

too bad i missed it cause ATTN VICTOR

you and me have a VERY good mutual friend-

Denise---

she came from out west?

her and her husband:D

i been trying to get in touch with them since setting up

IRISH at that club in NJ last month but

havent seen or heard from them

i hope they are ok