Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groove Jet is back...

pod-

Rain was building without a permit, they just got it a month or so ago, they should be on schedule to open Real Soon Now.

As for the groove jet party, watch out. I went to the Groove Jet NYC party on 01.01.01, and it *sucked*. The visuals were terrible, the crowd was bleh, and the talent except for maybe Jazzanova was horrible. Their production was soo disorganized...they ran out of booze by 1 AM, even. This led to some very pissed off people and a near riot at the coatcheck....my friend's jacket and backpack even got stolen...hell, the owner of Jet Corp was even confronted by some very angry police officers as I was leaving...

------------------

Add +175 to my message count!

Info: In association with Pagan and Distinctive Records, Groove Jet invites you to The Homecoming which will be held at The Bathclub. A 1940's era bathouse resembling a spanish villa, boasting an olympic size swimming pool surrounded by an acre of land stretching out as far as the beach. Cutting edge visuals will be provided by New York City's Dorian Orange, these talented artists will stun you will an array of colors and images of synchronized sound.

Venue: The Bath Club 5937 Collins Ave

Ok - so groovejet is returning but NOT at groovejet - and whatever happened to Rain, which was supposed to be at Groovejet's old site, but is STILL in construction, despite several WMC bookings?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

'sides - no matter what happens, they took out the mirrored bar...i'm still quite literally intensely peeved about that.

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Archived