Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pink & White (Nails)

I have a question for the girls. I've always gotten regular manicures, but I'm so sick of them chipping after 2-3 days, so I was thinking of trying the pink and whites....I don't really know what you would call them. I don't want acrylic but I just want the gel over them so they stay shiny and don't chip. When I go to the nail salon, what do I ask for? And another question....If my nails are long enough, are they still gonna have to put on a white tip? Thanks girls! I'm a little new to this. :worry2:

O.K. hopefully this will help you out, I read this in this month's issue of Cosmo. I'm gonna write everything they said O.K.?

For a manicure that lasts almost as long as one of J.Lo's marriages (sorry, Ben), try this chip-preventing trick: First, paint a horizontal stripe of polish over the very tip of your nail (1). Since the tips are the weakest part of your nail and therefore the most vunerable to cracking and peeling, applying a base layer of lacquer over the edges will strengthen and reinforce them. Wait for the polish to dry, then apply your regular two coats of polish over you entire nail (2). Et voila- a practically peel-resistant paint job.

Well I hope that is helpful to you.