Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Clubplanet a community?

yes, i would say that clubplanet it a community.

i would say that a community is a group of people, containing similarities whether it be qualities (traits), location, age, etc...

The difference between an online community and a neighborhood community is simply- in a neighborhood, everyone is conveniently located close to one another and usually just consists of the people within that particular area... the similarities are that those people reside in the same neighborhood... shop at the same stores... hang out in the same places... and most likely, all hang out with each other..etc

in an online community however, we come from all over the place. different states, countries... we all have different interests yet one similar one that brought us all to this website- the club. we all have different ones that we go to... different styles that we each favor... be it ur from london or from ny, we're all here for the same reason. (i think anyways)...

we dont have to live in the same neighborhood to be a community because we have similar interests... but just like any friends or neighbors, we do have things that we argue about. we dont have to see each others faces to talk with one another... or to grow fond of one another. so many people on this board got closer than 2 neighbors living next door to each other... even before they met in person. we come to like each other on this board based on the personality that shines through the screen names and the posts... whereas in an offline community, its hard to even know who ur neighbors are if u havent met them.

those are just some of my feelings on the topic... hope this helped :) good luck with ur paper.

Originally posted by linabina

yes, i would say that clubplanet it a community.

i would say that a community is a group of people, containing similarities whether it be qualities (traits), location, age, etc...

The difference between an online community and a neighborhood community is simply- in a neighborhood, everyone is conviniently located close to one another and usually just consists of the people within that particular area... the similarities are that those people reside in the same neighborhood... shop at the same stores... hang out in the same places... and most likely, all hang out with each other..etc

in an online community however, we come from all over the place. different states, countries... we all have different interests yet one similar one that brought us all to this website- the club. we all have different ones that we go to... different styles that we each favor... be it ur from london or from ny, we're all here for the same reason. (i think anyways)...

we dont have to live in the same neighborhood to be a community because we have similar interests... but just like any friends or neighbors, we do have things that we argue about. we dont have to see each others faces to talk with one another... or to grow fond of one another. so many people on this board got closer than 2 neighbors living next door to each other... even before they met in person. we come to like each other on this board based on the personality that shines through the screen names and the posts... whereas in an offline community, its hard to even know who ue neighbors are if u havent met them.

those are just some of my feelings on the topic... hope this helped :) good luck with ur paper.

That is so good :tongue: You should be a journalist!~ :blown:

Bina pretty much hit the nail on the head.

CP is a social community. It's funny when you ask someone where they met... some wil say a club, others will say the internet. It's kind of both in my opinion. A physical neighborhood has its benefits because eveyone lives nearby whereas people from the CP community travel far(some people come 2-3 hours). A neighborhood community usually doesn't have a common bond besides geographic location. It's fair to say that everyone on CP bonds because of the club/music scene. Lastly there are no fees necessary to partake in the benefits clubplanet has to offer you. In a neighborhood community you must reside in the neighborhood and pay the associated fees(ie: cost of housing, utilities, etc). IMO online communities make it easier for people to approach each other, many of the obstacles that prevent one another from do not exist in the online community. In a neighborhood people may discriminate because of family income and such.

Hope I helped a little. Gluck!

Originally posted by dgmodel

clubplanet is wack as hell and i dont know how anyone can post on here at all...

\

damn i just looked at your post count......i know you asked Dave to do something...i dont see enough of your replies to support a post count that high.....i bet you asked him to increase your count by 10 for every 1 post

Originally posted by smokesum

\

damn i just looked at your post count......i know you asked Dave to do something...i dont see enough of your replies to support a post count that high.....i bet you asked him to increase your count by 10 for every 1 post

would it matter if he did or not...

Originally posted by dgmodel

clubplanet is wack as hell and i dont know how anyone can post on here at all...

holy shit.

i havent really been around here lately, and i just noticed that dgmodel has over 18000 posts. how the fuck do you do that?