Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Tiesto's NYANA CD

1st off i see this cd advertised all over the place $19.99 today I went to Sam Goody in the Garden State Plazxa mall in New Jersey and got the cd for $12.99 I dunno if all Sam Goody's are doing this. The cd is awesome. He rips the Sinead O'connor track apart on the first cd. I still didn't even get to the 2nd cd yet because I am in love with the 1st cd but overall so far scores a 4 out of 5 in my book can't wait to hewar him live at roxy next Friday

i picked up the cd today

on the first cd it starts off kinda slow not like a magik series would

then around track 4 or 5 it picks up and from there its very good

the nyana track is insaneeeeeeee tiesto really brought back his old style i feel wit this track

and the mix from tears from the moon into the next song is amazing great mix

after that its very good

i havent listned to cd 2 either yet but i heard its better alot of vocals

iam kind of dissapointed wit the first cd i though it could have been better but over all i think if your a tiesto fan its a great cd

Well, I got my hands on this CD this past weekend. First trance studio-mixed CD I've listened to since my ears got severely damaged after giving some effort to Micro's last mixed CD many months ago..."music moves thru me"....something like that. was the title.

Anyway, so I've only heard this new mix by Tiesto a few times...I must say that I'm quite dissappointed. Lots of vocals here...way too much. I can recall quite a few tracks were the vocals enter after only 30 seconds or so...and they last for the whole duration of the song...sometimes over 5 mins straight with vocals. I only want to hear vocals sporadically and during the breakdown, not during the "heavy" part of the track.

Also, to me, this all sounds like wussy trance. There's only about 7 or 8 songs that are decent. I understand that a studio mix CD has a certain formula to follow and that it can't be banging from beginning to end like his live sets, but there weren't enough "hard" songs.

My favorite track thus far has to be Filterheadz present Orange 3 -In Your Eyes(Blue Mix)...but fucking ayyyyyyyyy...the tune is only 3 mins and change long on this album...it def should've been a longer mix.

Anyways, maybe I have to listen to it more, but overall this CD doesn't have the energy I anticipated. I def wouldn't go out and buy this unless you have $20 you don't need. It's good to have some new trance, but there's gotta be better stuff out there. Even with PvD's "Global" CD...shit, that put me to sleep too.

Originally posted by aystar

the nyana track is insaneeeeeeee tiesto really brought back his old style i feel wit this track

No hate here...we each have our own opinions, but do you really think that track is THAT great? I've listened to it a few times and thought that it lacked energy...maybe I have to listen to it with 50,000 watts of phazon, but all the anticipation doesn't live up to me.

i posted this on the other thread as well.. but on cd 2 track 11-- Requiem for a Dream-- I thought that was an amazing mix.

I think both cd's start out a little weak but I think they both get better toward the end. Nyana's incredible, and (i don't have it in front of me) track 6 on the second cd, i like the vocals, definitely different.

Overall i think his Magik cds are better too, but I do love a few of these tracks.

Anyway, so I've only heard this new mix by Tiesto a few times...I must say that I'm quite dissappointed. Lots of vocals here...way too much. I can recall quite a few tracks were the vocals enter after only 30 seconds or so...and they last for the whole duration of the song...sometimes over 5 mins straight with vocals. I only want to hear vocals sporadically and during the breakdown, not during the "heavy" part of the track.

Also, to me, this all sounds like wussy trance. There's only about 7 or 8 songs that are decent. I understand that a studio mix CD has a certain formula to follow and that it can't be banging from beginning to end like his live sets, but there weren't enough "hard" songs.

Anyways, maybe I have to listen to it more, but overall this CD doesn't have the energy I anticipated. I def wouldn't go out and buy this unless you have $20 you don't need. It's good to have some new trance, but there's gotta be better stuff out there. Even with PvD's "Global" CD...shit, that put me to sleep too.

I feal the same way, im die hard pvd fan and i though his album sucked to it was ok but nothing great and same with the tiesto!!! Im saving my money next friday for that saturday for SVEN VATH!!!! Then mauro the next week. Tiesto isnt worth my money but if it was pvd then yes....o well

I am not hatin on you dude, but you always hate on Tiesto. I just wanted to know if there is a reason behind that. Is it you just dont like his style or you just dont like him?

Just his style, Not that i hate him...i will def listen to him but perfer not to.....I just dont feal he has that tempo im looking for such as pvd does......dont get me wrong he has made some great shit but i just wish it had more of a kick to it and was less well i dont want to so floaty but hes just to soft for me no bang to the punch at all. i went to see him the last time at Roxy and i didnt have a good time at all just couldnt get into it at all. Like on a PVD night im alwasy into it, he always has that tempo going hard all night tiesto just lost me. Just my opinion if u all like him thats great just not for me!!