Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yoshitoshi

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

just the store in g'town. the label & online store are still going strong :aright:

50%

Glad I still have a few spending buck.

I went there on free scoop day and the cupboards looked pretty bare. Better be some shit left.

Originally posted by vicman

are they closing the store, relocating it?

kinda weird that i havent seen addy on any of the boards. :shaky:

Here's the official word :(

Yoshitoshi The Shop - Special Announcement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shop is Closing

An era is coming to an end.

we have lost our lease and the yoshitoshi shop will be closing.*

for a VERY limited time we will keep our doors open 12-7 each day.

all merchandise including records, CDs, everything will be 50% off.

come and be the first to get your pick.

*this does not apply to the website/online store or the labels which will continue operating

please email all questions/comments to dan@yoshitoshi.com

Originally posted by vicman

why didnt they look for a new place if they knew the lease was coming to an end?

"lost the lease" could mean a bunch of things - who knows with Georgetown, they have some funky leasing rules over there. :rolleyes:

From the Buzz board

http://www.buzzlife.com/mssg_brd/showthread.php?threadid=15386

"the owners (ali, sharam and kurosh) have decided it's just time to close shop. we (shop employees) are not privvy to details, but i can only imagine a record store in georgetown can't be the smartest idea in the business world.

there may be more details on the website, which will remain open.

sad news indeed!"

"exactly, most ppl order their stuff online now. it's hard for store-front shops to compete with online shops; the days of touching your records before you buy them are coming to an end."

Originally posted by crank47

"exactly, most ppl order their stuff online now. it's hard for store-front shops to compete with online shops; the days of touching your records before you buy them are coming to an end."

That's it exactly.

Originally posted by Kuro

That's it exactly.

Yup, I used to go to Yoshi once a week. Now I only order from Release online. Much more convenient than making the trek into G-town. I always felt a little bad about not buying stuff from Yoshi, but Release is so much more convenient, and they have so much better shit too.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yup, I used to go to Yoshi once a week. Now I only order from Release online. Much more convenient than making the trek into G-town. I always felt a little bad about not buying stuff from Yoshi, but Release is so much more convenient, and they have so much better shit too.

tyeah, but they charge an arm and a leg...and shipping is ridiculous.

In fact, with shipping you don't even know how much it is till you receive the records!

Originally posted by raver_mania

tyeah, but they charge an arm and a leg...and shipping is ridiculous.

In fact, with shipping you don't even know how much it is till you receive the records!

Yeah, it is a bit on the expensive side. I try to order at least 10-20 at a time so it keeps the cost to about $12-15 USD per record. If you order smaller batches it could easily come out to like $20 per record.

To me, though, the extra cost is worth it. They get great promos.

To me, though, the extra cost is worth it. They get great promos.

If you can find it...by the time I get ready to order something...it's gone. I like Yoshi bc you can find stuff that Release doesn't promote. The gems at the bottom of the bin.

Originally posted by revaluation

If you can find it...by the time I get ready to order something...it's gone. I like Yoshi bc you can find stuff that Release doesn't promote. The gems at the bottom of the bin.

Yeah, Releases' New Releases last one day. If you don't get your order in on Wednesday night, when they update the site, you won't get shit.

Much more convenient than making the trek into G-town.

I always like the trek to Gtown. Once I left Yoshi's I would the Uno's next door and have a couple pints of Guinness. It was kinda like tradition. I wouldn't be able to leave Gtown until I had two pints.

Originally posted by therunner

I always like the trek to Gtown. Once I left Yoshi's I would the Uno's next door and have a couple pints of Guinness. It was kinda like tradition. I wouldn't be able to leave Gtown until I had two pints.

You can't even get out of bed until you have two pints. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by addyk

official closing is next week sometime. everything in the store is 50%, wax, cds, gear etc. their even accepting bids for equipment in the store, turntables mixers the works!

Last day is the 16th. I went there last night and it's VERY VERY slim pickn's.

Originally posted by addyk

official closing is next week sometime. everything in the store is 50%, wax, cds, gear etc. their even accepting bids for equipment in the store, turntables mixers the works!

Do they still have the plastic chair shaped like a hand? I'll give them $100 for it.