Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it normal to be bored in a steady relationship....

sassa

are there people who just can't be in a relationship because of the routine it tends to turn into once you've established a foundation of some sort with someone? are there people who are psychologically players and can't break free of it? are we all supposed to be with someone, or are there just some of us out there who can't handle nor want to be in a serious relationship?

your thoughts?

siigghhhh

i feel like im one of those people

i dont think ill ever be able to completely emotionally connect with one person, any person actually

i always feel like the roles are switched and im the "guy" in the relationship, once i get over my fear of commiting to that person that is..

i mean i like the whole companionship thing..but i need room to breathee........i dunno.....whatever........as long as the sex is good..:D

i think society pumps so much bullshit into our heads that we CANT be single, and if you are, there is something wrong with you. i dont feel this is true at all. people should live their lives according to what makes them happy and what they can handle at the time. u shouldnt be pressured into a relationship

ill get the whole relationship thing down one day and stop breaking hearts i suppose...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to put this simply....its against our animal nature to be with one person forever.....But because were humans and we have the power of will we can choose what we want....now...

Whoever made up the rules of relationships should be shot(religions).....The bueprint for relationships hasnt worked since the begining and it still doesnt work today...of course in everything there are exceptions...so when u hear oh weve been in love since day 1 and were still in love...remember thats the exception not the rule.....Im speaking with a bit of experience bcuz while ago i was a sex therapy major...but my life has gone a different rout since then...i was going to write a book called ......

Love is a theory not a fact.....tell me thats not a good eye catching title for a book!?!?!?!?!? well hope i helped u a bit

Originally posted by chris817

The grass is always greener on the other side

When your single you want to be in a relationship, when your dating you want to be single

So many people are like that

~~exactly! i guess its not so much that we want a relationship but more like steady sex as long as that other person doesnt have sex with anyone else:tongue:

U can get bored with anything in life if you are doing it everyday. Most people go to the same job everyday, im sure it gets boring, but they need to be there to make money. I'm not saying a relationship is a job, but to be with one person definetley takes more patience, endurance, and work then going to find someone new and starting over again to continue the same cycle....That to me is an easy out...

How many people actually start something but rarely finish it....?

I think the problem is most people really don't know what they want, and the fun of getting it when you got it, is usually gone...

Here lies the Chase of the realtionship :D

I think there's a strong drive towards spontaneity. Most often in the beginning of a relationship, you're still getting a feel for the other person's personality and characteristics...

later on when you're mapped that out, you aren't as suprised anymore and you feel you aren't "discovering" anything about them. The excitement of something fresh, new and somewhat unpredictable just fades away.

so yeah i know what you mean. That's why it never hurts to hold back just a little bit ;) keep them off balance just when they think there's nothing more to be had.

Originally posted by cintron

I think there's a strong drive towards spontaneity. Most often in the beginning of a relationship, you're still getting a feel for the other person's personality and characteristics...

later on when you're mapped that out, you aren't as suprised anymore and you feel you aren't "discovering" anything about them. The excitement of something fresh, new and somewhat unpredictable just fades away.

so yeah i know what you mean. That's why it never hurts to hold back just a little bit ;) keep them off balance just when they think there's nothing more to be had.

good point!

its possible... some people just dont have patience to be in one relationship for too long... it happens.... why do u think people break up sometimes? something bad doesnt always have to happen to break them up, im sure 1/2 the time one of the 2 just gets bored!

Originally posted by cintron

This is true. However, one thing about a long-term relationship, is that the people involved are always changing in one way or another. Often this causes them to split up. The only way to make it work is for the two of you to grow together, and not apart...

No its not normal at all to get bored IF & a big IF you are with the right person FOR the right reasons. Anyone who says it is "normal" has never met someone who truly captivates them each & every day. When you find someone who you are truly compatitable with in every single way, you wont get bored of them.

i love sushi & have never gotten bored of it.

u people that get bored are just looking for an excuse to cheat or "look" at others.

patethic :rolleyes: . if your not happy be strong & go on your own, dont lead people on... cheaters :blown:

I don't think it's getting bored that's the problem....But once in a while things tend to become routine....Like the relationship is one big schedule......Just do something to spice it up a little bit & things should get back on the right track fast

Originally posted by tommyarmani

No its not normal at all to get bored IF & a big IF you are with the right person FOR the right reasons. Anyone who says it is "normal" has never met someone who truly captivates them each & every day. When you find someone who you are truly compatitable with in every single way, you wont get bored of them.

u people that get bored are just looking for an excuse to cheat or "look" at others.

patethic :rolleyes: . if your not happy be strong & go on your own, dont lead people on... cheaters :blown:

You are the last person that should be preaching about such a thing.

Originally posted by tommyarmani

just because i'm bored doesn't mean i'm going to be a hoe and cheat :rolleyes:

fucking hypocrite...look who's talking....:blown:

Originally posted by rdancer

Sassa whats with the iceberg in your sig, or you trying to saying ur frigid ??? :D:laugh: :tongue:

yes that's exactly what i'm saying rdancer! i'm frigid! :blank:...............:laugh:

does anyone know how to make it smaller...the pic i mean

i don't really believe in anything this thread has produced....

The only thing I can relate to is Dyanna's comment on growing together, rather than apart. I know for me, if there's even an inkling that I'll get bored, I won't enter that relationship. When you're in a relationship in the true sense, there's no such thing as boredom. You're way too busy discovering things with one another....new and old. IMO, the excitment may be duller at sometimes than others....but never ever leads to boredom.