Panorama Productions, Soulstice Productions, DC NITES & Heineken

would like to invite you to

ULTRA Friday’s

at

MCCXXIII

Friday, May 9th

*FEATURING DJ SHARAM of DEEP DISH SPINNING LIVE!!*

An exclusive DJ set by one of the biggest DJs in the world

As American leaders in the international dance music arena, DEEP DISH have become one of the most revered names in dance music with accolades ranging from a Grammy Award, the American music industry’s greatest honor, to international acclaim (Muzik magazine’s choice for “Best International DJâ€) and high-level placement on DJ Magazine’s World’s Top 100 DJ’s readers poll. With a new release, Deep Dish – Global Underground: Toronto,’ their second for the Global Underground series pegged for summer 2003; DJ diaries booked up for months; remix offers that just keep coming; a flourishing business in DC consisting of three record labels (Yoshitoshi Recordings, its sister label Shinichi Records, and new offshoot YO! which they A&R), and a DJ agency, Bullitt Bookings, there seems to be no end in sight.

Indisputably, it was "Junk Science"' that brought Washington D.C.'s Deep Dish into the glare of the world's spotlight. The ground breaking 1998 album saw music critics in virtual meltdown while they struggled for superlatives. Helped along by the success of shimmeringly sublime singles like" The Future Of The Future (Stay Gold)"' (vocals courtesy of the lovely Tracey Thorn) and "Stranded", the album - a blistering mix of deep lush house, Chicago techno, jazz-tinged soul, soaring strings and moody atmospherics - was so diverse and unexpected that reviewers and record buyers alike were left gasping. Ingenious and bold, "Junk Science" was the surprise Album Of The Year. Although Deep Dish sprang from the flourishing deep house scene, with "Junk Science"' they managed to transcend genres, finding favor with music lovers of every like. The impact it had was instantly obvious, and Deep Dish's success at making records that sound as good on the radio or home stereo as they do on the dance floor has led many artists to follow them down the road of deeper musical innovation.

In 2000 Ali and Sharam could quite easily claim to be the most industrious men in dance music. They've spent their time since "Junk Science" on a number of high profile projects, not least their own Djing events and residencies around the globe. Enthused and invigorated by what they'd been hearing on these DJing excursions abroad, they had already founded the Yoshitoshi imprint in 1994. Set up as a subsidiary of the larger Deep Dish label, Yoshitoshi was initially intended as a side-project, which would enable them to release their friends' recordings. However, licensing tracks from smaller labels around the world, as well as finding new artists from demo tapes and bringing their projects to fruition, has been a labor of love for the duo in recent years. A labor that has paid enormous dividends; only a few years since its inception and Yoshitoshi is a breeding ground for talent, giving a home to artists who otherwise may never be heard by the club-going masses.

Featuring $4 HEINEKEN Drink specials ALL NIGHT…EVERY FRIDAY!

Enjoy our new Friday Happy Hour special on the main floor!

Featuring a $15 ALL YOU CAN DRINK PREMIUM LIQUOR OPEN BAR 5-9pm

At the intersection of Connecticut Avenue and 18th St.

Metro: Farragut North - Red Line

For table reservations call 202.498.0925

ULTRA at MCCXXIII is 21 and over

Proper ID is a must.

Dress to Impress

For more information visit us at www.panoramapromo.com or

call 202.271.1171

Two questions:

1) Will it be restricted access to Spank?

2) If it's not restricted access to Spank, will the bouncer upstairs know that? Last time, I was on the guestlist for Saeed & Palash and the bouncer wouldn't let me up there because he said there were "Too many guys up there and he had to wait for more girls to go up first".

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't care who's spinning up there. I'm not going. Fuck that.

Originally posted by cookiegirl

Will Sharam be on the Main Floor or in Spank? :confused:

*edit* Nevermind, checked the site.

Exclusive DJ set by one of the biggest DJs in the world, in the intimate 'Spank' room of 1223.

what dj has ever spun in the main room?:confused:

Fuck that place once and for always. If you want to have a decent club start putting DJs on the main floor. The night Cusick spun was one of th coolest nights we've had. Since then, it's all Spank. Spank sucks my ass. Shady's right...should change the name to Skank.

It's not Bed the way Modern is not Centro. Whoever's running that place has ruined it.

Hello, this is a last minute booking. Our format downstairs is Top 40 dance, that caters to our patrons that visit us every week. We are presenting Sharam for only $10 upstairs in Spank where House music is our format. True, this venue has its limits, however this is an opportunity to hear one of the best. All who come to see Sharam will be admitted to the Spank floor on this night.

Originally posted by clubglow

Hello, this is a last minute booking. Our format downstairs is Top 40 dance, that caters to our patrons that visit us every week. We are presenting Sharam for only $10 upstairs in Spank where House music is our format. True, this venue has its limits, however this is an opportunity to hear one of the best. All who come to see Sharam will be admitted to the Spank floor on this night.

Okay, maybe i was a lil harsh, but you promote it on this message board because you know we care about real music....because you know we'll be intrested in seeing a REAL DJ and not some hack playing Jay Z CDs. But then when we show up, you gotta be VIP or we can't get up there at all "because you're a guy". This is what we deal with everytime we come to see S&P or for Behrouz & MV. I'm sure Luke and Desyn will be there soon and it sucks cuz I would really like to see them.

It wouldn't be so shady if you would specify in your promo that it was only in the VIP or that they'r not really spinning at 1223.