Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tony drapers new residency

Originally posted by joe81

I want to see this to believe it, Webster Hall is definitely not a pill popping place nor condones it! When I see it, I'll believe it.

since when do Draper fans eat pills? :hey:

Originally posted by Ronin

since when did Draper have fans?

Draper may not have fans on Clubplanet...but he does have a rather large following outside of this message board (even if they all are young, immature, no knowledge of "house music" pill munching kids in Clubplanets' eyes) He filled more of Exit week after week...which is alot better than what Exit's recent parties have pulled in. From what I hear, half the club isnt even open b/c numbers are so low.

Originally posted by clubgyrl00

Draper may not have fans on Clubplanet...but he does have a rather large following outside of this message board (even if they all are young, immature, no knowledge of "house music" pill munching kids in Clubplanets' eyes) He filled more of Exit week after week...which is alot better than what Exit's recent parties have pulled in. From what I hear, half the club isnt even open b/c numbers are so low.

I have to disagree, I dont think "he" really filled exit week after week, I think Exit filled itself. Lets face it, the club itself is very appealing (decor wise), its huge (which automatically draws people) it had a shitload of promoters & its 18+ - so yes of course its gonna be filled, now Im sure he had some fans, but I dont think you can attribute the "success" of exit to him.

Originally posted by njangel

now Im sure he had some fans, but I dont think you can attribute the "success" of exit to him.

yup, as scary as it sounds, he was the one packing it out. After he left, numbers dropped, when he came back, they went up again. Draper would draw more numbers on a given night than a guy like Scot Project. I guarantee if he came back, the place would go from being half empty, to packed. Strange, strange phenomenom, I know. But, if you go onto some smaller message boards, and you will see how big a fan base he has.

I have to disagree, I dont think "he" really filled exit week after week, I think Exit filled itself. Lets face it, the club itself is very appealing (decor wise), its huge (which automatically draws people) it had a shitload of promoters & its 18+ - so yes of course its gonna be filled, now Im sure he had some fans, but I dont think you can attribute the "success" of exit to him.

But the people kept returning week after week...i saw it, i used to go there myself Friday after Friday...Draper's fans are dedicated...and Exit is a lot of people's first clubbing experience....which means Draper is a DJ Godlike figure to them until they venture out and realize there is more to the clubbing world

Originally posted by zeeker

yup, as scary as it sounds, he was the one packing it out. After he left, numbers dropped, when he came back, they went up again. Draper would draw more numbers on a given night than a guy like Scot Project. I guarantee if he came back, the place would go from being half empty, to packed. Strange, strange phenomenom, I know. But, if you go onto some smaller message boards, and you will see how big a fan base he has.

scary

I have to disagree, I dont think "he" really filled exit week after week, I think Exit filled itself.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't ever attempt to run your own club because

you're a moron!

:blown: :blown:

-iliana

:blank:

1, Draper's little following is the worst crowd ever!

2, And if you don't think they eat pills, where have you been?

3, Draper never filled Exit. I used to go there for 1 + 1/2 year before I knew the DJ's name was Tony Draper, when I was 17+ 18 I went there because it was the cool thing to do - and that was most people.

4, If draper was such a great DJ/producer, he would have a contract with a label, and or have had a residency 1 week upon leaving Exit. Remember when Twilo closed how fast Junior was at Exit - (Thats just an example, Draper and Vasquez can't even be mentioned inthe same sentence!).

5, Plus, if draper was a good DJ, how come he hasn't had a guest appearance in since he left Exit.

In conclusion, everybody has their lucky run in life, his is over, he shuld go get a job at Sam Ash, live his old glory days and sell turn tables to young DJ's!

PS: I am going to call Webster Hall right now, and see if this is for real, I'll put the answer up in a few

3, Draper never filled Exit. I used to go there for 1 + 1/2 year before I knew the DJ's name was Tony Draper, when I was 17+ 18 I went there because it was the cool thing to do - and that was most people.

LOL!

Um, many people on this board go to clubs to listen to actual dj's and their style of music...not because a certian venue is the hot spot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're what we call a FOLLOWER and it's kiddies like you, that dont even know what fucking dj is playng, that stink up the scene.

:)

-iliana

:blown:

Originally posted by iliana

LOL!

Um, many people on this board go to clubs to listen to actual dj's and their style of music...not because a certian venue is the hot spot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're what we call a FOLLOWER and it's kiddies like you, that dont even know what fucking dj is playng, that stink up the scene.

:)

-iliana

:blown:

umm...unlike your self-righteous ass, the majority of the world goes to clubs not because of some DJ, but because they want to go dance with friends and have a few drinks. In fact, it's music-crazed extremists like you that actually bring the vibe down. A crowd has a mixture of ppl in it. Get over yourself.

also, why does it bother you so much that ppl go to clubs and just have fun? Do they HAVE to know the DJ, everything about him, all of his productions and even his family's dog name for you to approve that they be let in?

Being a DJ, as long as ppl are dancin and having a good time, I could care less of they new my name or the music I was spinnin'.

Originally posted by zeeker

exactly.

heres a flyer to confirm

inner-city.gif

4, If draper was such a great DJ/producer, he would have a contract with a label, and or have had a residency 1 week upon leaving Exit. Remember when Twilo closed how fast Junior was at Exit - (Thats just an example, Draper and Vasquez can't even be mentioned inthe same sentence!).

5, Plus, if draper was a good DJ, how come he hasn't had a guest appearance in since he left Exit.

okay... residency... where????

whats going on with the NY scene?

is there even a place left to gloat "residency"?

OBVIOUSLY... Tony Draper isnt Junior Vasquez (JV = many many many years into the game, established name around the globe)

what ever happened to Jason Ojeda? Richie Santana? EVEN Johnny Vicious.

all these local dj's that lost their jobs, due to NY's weak scene (blame it on politics). They trying something so dont hate... Discotheque with Jason Ojeda is coming up as well. what you gonna do... talk shit? cause hes no Junior Vasquez? lol

stop hating and just go along with it.

its great that these guys are trying to revive SOMETHING in NY.

Originally posted by goodfridays

okay... residency... where????

whats going on with the NY scene?

is there even a place left to gloat "residency"?

OBVIOUSLY... Tony Draper isnt Junior Vasquez (JV = many many many years into the game, established name around the globe)

what ever happened to Jason Ojeda? Richie Santana? EVEN Johnny Vicious.

all these local dj's that lost their jobs, due to NY's weak scene (blame it on politics). They trying something so dont hate... Discotheque with Jason Ojeda is coming up as well. what you gonna do... talk shit? cause hes no Junior Vasquez? lol

stop hating and just go along with it.

its great that these guys are trying to revive SOMETHING in NY.

You mis-understood what I said. I said Tony and Junior can't be mentioned in the same sentence, I am not a draper fan, that is very obvious! I was making a comment as to how little a following and how shitty of a DJ he is, and that is how come he has not had a residency or guest spot since Exit threw him out. Lets see if he works out at Webster Hall. Who knows.

In regards to the Discotheque party, Iw ant to see this work out in the worst way. Its about time Ojeda got back into NYC!

Next time read carefully!

Originally posted by djinnom

umm...unlike your self-righteous ass, the majority of the world goes to clubs not because of some DJ, but because they want to go dance with friends and have a few drinks. In fact, it's music-crazed extremists like you that actually bring the vibe down. A crowd has a mixture of ppl in it. Get over yourself.

That could quite possibly be the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard, congrats on being a moron ;)

Originally posted by iliana

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't ever attempt to run your own club because

you're a moron!

:blown: :blown:

-iliana

:blank:

its called an OPINION, ever heard of it?

Originally posted by djinnom

also, why does it bother you so much that ppl go to clubs and just have fun? Do they HAVE to know the DJ, everything about him, all of his productions and even his family's dog name for you to approve that they be let in?

Being a DJ, as long as ppl are dancin and having a good time, I could care less of they new my name or the music I was spinnin'.

Thank you for sticking up - let me add a few point too please.

Iliana,

At age 18 you knew all the DJ's and their prooducitons? Well, if you did good for you. you truleya re a fan of electronic music. Me at 18 I went to exit. I was there 4-5 years ago, with friends just hanging out! Is that wrong? You say people like me ruin the scene, If people like me go out and have fun, how does that ruin anything? Maybe becuase you need to critique everyone and everything that is why the scene is ruined.

Thank you Ms. Music Teacher for explainging why the scene got ruined. See you at Tiesto this friday, or is the worlds #1 dj to commercial fot he musically inclined?