Clubplanet Nightlife Community

making new friends

lollie60

If you have a gf , bf, wife or husband - is it cool to make new friends of the opposite sex and start haniging out with them like you're single ?

Ex. - That married girl + NJDio - why did she think it was cool to be friends with a guy when she's married ??

i think it depends on the people involved but most ppl think its usually pretty suspect.

i mean i think its normal/acceptable if the two persons are open about the status of their relationships (ie knwoing that one is in a relationship)

but the worst is when a guy tries to pick you up... you reply that you are currently unavailable, have a boyfriend, etc .. they reply "so what, you cant have friends?" :laugh::rolleyes:

I would get pissed if I had a girlfriend or a wife and all of a sudden she made a new male friend and chilled with him all the time. The reason why is because most women are (or at least act) ignorant that the male friend is probably attracted to her and just waiting for something to happen. Most guys just don't make friends with women to be friends. Then again, I think way into things, so my view my be way off.

let's say you have a gf,bf,wife or husband - instead of hanging out with them - you go out with your "new friend of the oppsosite sex" - and u expect the significant other not to get mad because that person is just hanging out with their "friend".

Does that sound fishy ?

Originally posted by lollie60

Ex. - That married girl + NJDio - why did she think it was cool to be friends with a guy when she's married ??

Ummm, that's a different story altogether... that had nothing to do with friendship, she was planning on cheating with him.

Originally posted by ou812

Depends on how overbearing and insecure your significant other is.

True... I think that it's ridiculous to assume that your partner can never make any more friends w/people of the opposite sex. HOWEVER, out of respect for my boyfriend, and to make sure that he doesn't have any doubts in his mind, I would try to incorporate him into the friendship as well. Hell, that's regardless of the sex of my new acquaintance. No, I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that he had met some new chick and was getting all friendly with her, but- if he introduced me to her, we all hung out, she was cool, and they weren't off spending alone-time together... it's all good.

I'd say that another factor would be HOW you two met... it might be a little suspect if it was just some random guy. It would be a little different if it was someone you met through a friend, or something along those lines.

Originally posted by lollie60

If you have a gf , bf, wife or husband - is it cool to make new friends of the opposite sex and start haniging out with them like you're single ?

If my man or I neglected to incorporate each other into a new "friendship" either of us has made......There would be a problem :biggun:

like someone else said, it depends on the circumstances you met in, as well as how comfortable your partner is....i am having problems with this now, most of my best friends are guys that have either been gay or have had serious girlfriends, and we share a bro-sis relationship....the guy, on the other hand, is a bit insecure....but i'd probably feel the same way if he hung out with a chick 24/7...especially if i wasn't sure if she had designs on him or not...

i guess this all goes back to TRUST. and whether or not you can really trust your partner 1000% with someone else...even as just a friend...

relationships are tricky...and a lot of work it seems...:(