Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Montreal Clubs? Sona??

So what is the deal with Sona?? I go to there website and it brings me to 514's website... From what i gather it's closed but re-opening???

I'm going to be up in Montreal in July just wondering what the afterhours scene will be like if Sona is not open.

I've been to both Aria and Sona several times and always had a good time at both.

Is 514 opening other clubs or something???

• 3 weeks later...

514 is opening, or has opened (i think) a new club at the pepsi forum at atwater. But most of 514's stuff is garbage these days. Angry crowds with bad attitudes. Check out stereo afterhours for a much better atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...

i visited montreal wihth a few friends of mine a couple of years ago. We got wasted at a few bars and hit up sona for afterhours. We all had a blast. this thread brings back alot of good memories from the trip. sad to see ya go sona

SONA wasn't like it was a couple years ago. It lost it's vibe, mood, and most important...it's crowd. Everybody there now was too high and too angry.

Fights were common, and few people were smiliing. I am not sad to see it go. It's time was over.

I was in Montreal two weeks ago and going again there for this GRAND PRIX WEEKEND. This is by fra my favourite city on the eastern seaboard. The city has the most amazing vibe and the clubs are off the hook. This time around I am going to go to ARIA FIRST AND THEN STEREO.

IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICES FOR ME FOR THIS WEEKEND IN MONTREAL PLEASE REPLY

Whats up guys.. I too am heading to Montreal this July.. Wanted to check out bar scene etc then hit afterhours.. BUT.. do they serve liqour at the aftehours places? Or is it all drug scene? What palces good? Stereo? Covers?... let me know guys

No alcohol after 3am.... I think Stereo has a bar but it closes @ 3. That's what Sona used to do too...

I never really make it to any bars/clubs before afterhours.. We always go to one of the strip clubs first and then hit afterhours. But there are tons of bars/lounges and clubs..if that's what you're looking for.

The best area to stay is right in downtown.. As close to St. Catherine street as possible... We usually stay @ the Queen Elizabeth which is 1 or 2 blocks from St Catherine.