Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steven Lawler antics last night@So-nair....

I would say that I arrived a wee bit late to sonar last night but I didn't mind it at all actually (I swear Gina, my 2 friends made it seem like a fuggin road trip). I got there in time to hear a bit of Patrick Turner. The lat two times I've seen him, he really did a great job of warming up. I wish I could say the same for the night Halo was there [cringes].

Anyway, Lawler's first hour was a nice buildup. But then a bit after that I felt that his set wasn't really going anywhere (I might get hell for this one). But then around 1am he really started to let loose. The first 2 tracks around that time were my favorite. I'm not sure what they were but they definitely did it for me!

Did anyone notice the girl that was just sitting there like a fuggin rock the whole time behind lawler ? She sat on a stool practically motionless the whole time lawler was on. I referred to her as 'the rock." I'm sure that she just wanted to have her way with lawler after his set. She didnt seem to intrested in the music at all. I'm sure I wouldve had a better time observing a drink glass dance around on a bass cabinet.

LOL, Sopha... I was like "i can't believe we are pulling over for a bathroom break... its a 45 minute drive!" Anyhow, thanks for the lift.

I had a great time last night. I was a bit tired but Lawler's set definitely made the loss of sleep worth it. I think he played a little harder and tribally (is that a word? lol) at Sonar than he did at Code. I thought the speakers were gonna blow during a couple of his tracks!

I'm happy to say I remember everything about last night :D I took a few pics, none of the floor this time :D At least... I don't think :tongue:

Shady - you are a punk! :mad: You are now the official cp "bailer" sorry, the baton has been passed!

damnit, vic! i'm hung over and i completely blame you! :mad:

i just dragged my sorry ass into my office. i really just want to close the door and go back to sleep...

btw, it was great to see everyone last night. tiny, i agree with you about lawler's set. he was definitely playing for a different crowd than last friday.

sllleeeeeeepppppp.... :zzz:

Originally posted by rockyblue

damnit, vic! i'm hung over and i completely blame you! :mad:

i just dragged my sorry ass into my office. i really just want to close the door and go back to sleep...

btw, it was great to see everyone last night. tiny, i agree with you about lawler's set. he was definitely playing for a different crowd than last friday.

sllleeeeeeepppppp.... :zzz:

dont hate---> appreciate! :D

nutrageous.......nutrageous.....i swear there are snacks crumbs all over my car w/ a distinct chedary scent.

pub crawl tonight in case we cant get into spank?