Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest brwneydtrouble

Mazda RX8

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, when I first saw this car on the street during Winter Music Conference down here, I really didn't like it.

Then I saw X2. and another picture of it in BLACK. Then I REALLY liked it. I haven't seen any of the specs on it, nor the interior. What conclusion have you gear heads come to about it?

Pros: Nice styling, powerful rotary.

Cons: N/A, questionable 4 door styling

I think there is enough demand and a lack of cars in its class to make it successful. It isn't exactly what I want, but a step in the right direction.

I hope they come out with a turbo model. I'm surprised they didn't considering the horsepower wars we're experiencing.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

lI haven't seen any of the specs on it, nor the interior.

Mazda_RX_8_m_int.jpg

specs: base model is an automatic-only 210hp 1.3 rotary

250 hp high output model (6 speed only)

no match for the 350z in sheer grunt, but in handling, thats a different story

gets whipped by WRX STi and Evo in both, if you compare it to other 4-doors

maybe if its marketed against the Mercedes C230k/C320, Crossfire, base 325ci and TT coupe it might have a shot

its acually competing with the sti and evos

unfortunatly there will be no turbo models. even thou the motor can handle it.

the reason why is that there is no room under the hood for it cuz of the design of the manifolds and how they designed the ported manifolds. from what i read the thing handles like if it was on rails, due to the design of the motor sitting in the middle of the front axles. personally i like it. and i would definately giv eup my wrx for it. im soo sick of driving car on coilovers.

i think the sti is going to blow the doors off of everything this summer...

2.5L turbo... its really in its own class...

that extra 25% displacement really gives all that torque and quicker spool the 2.0's are missing... not to mention its basically a out-of-the-box rally car...

mitsubishi really dissapointed me with the EVO... i'll keep my DSM over that thing... all it is an updated 1992 JDM Galant VR4.... 4g63, 16g turbo, stronger tranny.... same car as the evo 8 when you take away the pikachu body styling and 30g pricetag...

they should have put out a 2.4L evo... THAT would have been nice... and keeping with their current business model, they could take the block from the 1995 galant (4g64, same as the 4g63, but taller), and just use the current DOHC head they've been milking for 15 years....

jesus, if they're gonna just reuse the same shit for 15 years, atleast they could do it right... :mad:

I love the RX8.

Mazda always works out the handling and chassis dynamics to a fanatical level on their cars. It might not have the same grunt as other cars out there but on a track, that chassis and suspension will shine. I'll bet it'll be a door-to-door competitor with the Z and would probably also put some hurt on STi and Evo owners.

It's def. not a drag racer though, so i'm sure the majority of [idiot] people who buy it will be dissappointed.

Mazda is also keeping the RX7 and RX8 as completely seperate designs. If the RX8 sells well, they may bring back the RX7.

Guest brwneydtrouble

I think it sounds a lot like the concept of the S2000. People were very dissapointed in its performance at the drag strip, when its real forte was on the road course, tearing up the turns. Almost NOTHING, except a bike could keep up with me if the road wasn't straight. The style is really starting to grow on me......very edgy.

One thing I can't believe they did - automatic only?!?!?!? What the hell were they thinking?

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

One thing I can't believe they did - automatic only?!?!?!? What the hell were they thinking?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

son of a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it when they do that....