Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When do you stop being attracted????????????

covetoys

Question For All,

Have you ever been madly in love with someone, so much you would do anything for, and then all of the sudden their personality changes which makes you seriously unattached?! And even stranger, no longer attracted to them?

It happened to me, but I dont think I was that attracted to her to begin with. I went out with a girl for 2 years and after about a year she was no longer that attractive to me anymore. I have alway wonder if that will happen to anyone I meet or that she was just not for me.

Originally posted by covetoys

Question For All,

Have you ever been madly in love with someone, so much you would do anything for, and then all of the sudden their personality changes which makes you seriously unattached?! And even stranger, no longer attracted to them?

did you get high with this person???

Question For All,

Funny you say....going through this right now :)

It seems weird how sometimes people can just flip the script and a different person comes out and your just like...where the hell did this come from. You always try and figure out what triggered it or even yet try and make them go back to the person you fell in love with but it rarely works, maybe for a few hours or if your lucky a day or 2 but when they change they change and it becomes an easy process of forgetting them and moving on, but there is still that inkling in the back of your mind that tells you that this person can try and go back to the way they used to...but it just will never happen :(

I think when you realize during the course of a relationship that it may not work out, you may put up a little wall between you and your sig other. This develops a sort of negativity that can become almost disgust in some cases. In a weird sort of way, this whole thing helps some people get out of relationships. It is very difficult to be in love with someone that makes you sick.

Very interesting how the mind works...:eek:

Question For All,

i refer to it as the point of replusioin -- when you get to the point that the mere thought of physcial intimacy with this signifgant person utterly disgusts you. (this is usually at the point that i know its totally over and i have closure! ) it may not be that their personality changes, it may be yourself... and most people arrive to this point differently

but it happens.

usually i know that either myself or my friends are finally OVER someone when they reach this point... and you can move on

Originally posted by linabina

people wondered how i was able to move on so quickly... well.. thats why!

glad to know i'm the only one who's been in that situation... happened more than once, now that i think about it....

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

It seems weird how sometimes people can just flip the script and a different person comes out and your just like...where the hell did this come from. You always try and figure out what triggered it or even yet try and make them go back to the person you fell in love with but it rarely works, maybe for a few hours or if your lucky a day or 2 but when they change they change and it becomes an easy process of forgetting them and moving on, but there is still that inkling in the back of your mind that tells you that this person can try and go back to the way they used to...but it just will never happen :(

Yes this is exactly what has happened to me. My sig. other has a new job and new attitude. One which I can't handle. Physically, she is all I ever wanted and I hang all my desires on her. But her emotional character has turned ugly and nearly repulsive. I love her dearly, more than I ever loved another before. I just wish she wouldn't have changed. I always thought it takes along time for someone to change, but now I realize that it can happen overnight. I love her and still don't know what to do....

Yes this is exactly what has happened to me. My sig. other has a new job and new attitude. One which I can't handle. Physically, she is all I ever wanted and I hang all my desires on her. But her emotional character has turned ugly and nearly repulsive. I love her dearly, more than I ever loved another before. I just wish she wouldn't have changed. I always thought it takes along time for someone to change, but now I realize that it can happen overnight. I love her and still don't know what to do....

how about talking to her about how you feel.....:idea:

Originally posted by sassa

how about talking to her about how you feel.....:idea:

This has been tried and tried and tried and tried again.

It always ends up with the blame game. "You did this, you did that..." which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I just want her back and want her to know how much I love her.

Very sad

This has been tried and tried and tried and tried again.

It always ends up with the blame game. "You did this, you did that..." which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I just want her back and want her to know how much I love her.

Very sad

it sucks when you're in that situation and you love that person but there's a lot of crap to sift through....

i guess bottom line...you will have to consider what you want...if you're unhappy...don't deal with it....maybe you need a break to re-evaluate things....maybe she'll be a bit more understanding if that was approached....if not, then i guess you might have to consider something else that can make you happy....

but i know how hard it is to find someone you really click with mentally, physically, emotionally....but is that something that will endure even with all your negative feelings....

maybe the next time she starts to blame you for things...just ask her to listen to you without interrupting,and just explain how you feel. at least you will have said everything you want, and the ball will be in her court then. whatever she says or does will decide things...

good luck :)

Originally posted by sassa

it sucks when you're in that situation and you love that person but there's a lot of crap to sift through....

i guess bottom line...you will have to consider what you want...if you're unhappy...don't deal with it....maybe you need a break to re-evaluate things....maybe she'll be a bit more understanding if that was approached....if not, then i guess you might have to consider something else that can make you happy....

but i know how hard it is to find someone you really click with mentally, physically, emotionally....but is that something that will endure even with all your negative feelings....

maybe the next time she starts to blame you for things...just ask her to listen to you without interrupting,and just explain how you feel. at least you will have said everything you want, and the ball will be in her court then. whatever she says or does will decide things...

good luck :)

um goy si - cantonese for thank you!

Question For All,

When this happens its hard to keep the relationship going... It takes to much "effort". Its better to move on.:idea:

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

goes to prove, personality goes a long way. contrary to what my eyes tell me sometimes. :laugh: