Clubplanet Nightlife Community

READ THIS ARTICLE. . .

bbflux

Here's the link to an article I read at the Chicago Tribune's web site. I thought most of you would find it interesting. It's about how dance music has become mainstream and most record execs. don't even know it. Let me know what you think. cwm9.gif

http://www.chicagotribune.com/leisure/tempo/printedition/article/0,2669,SAV-0103300003,FF.html

[This message has been edited by bbflux (edited 04-27-2001).]

I couldn't agree with you more....still....they make a good point. Besides, the music will continue to evolve. There will always be an "underground" scene to be a part of. The sound of the good clubs back in the early 90s was different from the sound of the mid 90s and that was very different from what you hear today. Even if dance music WERE to become as mainstream as Backstreet Boys or B. Spears...it would still be different from what you actually got at the clubs. They would pick the cheesiest mixes to air. They always do. Look what they did with Feel the Beat (blech).

[This message has been edited by bbflux (edited 04-27-2001).]

quote from article:

"Though the danceclub scene continues to have its glamorous, silicon-fed aura of artificial fabulousness, it is now also enjoyed by scruffy street kids in baggy trousers, hooded sweatshirts and woolen caps who live for the music as much as the lifestyle."

I thought the scruffy street kids came first?

Oh well...

good article bb.

cwm1.gif

[This message has been edited by dieg0 (edited 05-02-2001).]

d> Are you and J going to hit Crobar for DS this Saturday night? C and I will be there for sure. We'd love to hang out again. Let me know. If anything.....we'll probably be orbiting the speakers again.

cwm32.gif

Originally posted by kingstreet:

THE UNDERGROUND WILL LIVE FOREVER BABY...

WE'RE JUST LIKE ROACHES!!!!! smile.gif

and on that note---lets get back to the program...

ahhh ya, feel'n like this weekend will be a good one smile.gif

Archived