Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Marshall Shoppers!

what was your greatest find@marshals, or any other discount store? Aside from the cologne (refer to the fav scent thread), it's a toss up between this dark blue vintage BCBG jean outfit ( $60 for top and bottom!) and the Kenneth cole windbreaker ($14 in artic white with hood) with 1 asymetrical zipper on each side of the main zipper. When you unzip the side zippers, it just loosens up the neck line. it also has this obscure 3rd pocket on the back of the jacket. I guess its perfect for my mack 11 or something. BTW , BCBG does make mens clothing. Just not lately though. it's def a mens cut and it's was a size 32 (which is 2 sizes bigger than what i normally wear but I just had to get it!). It's fits around the thigh area with a nice boot cut. Lurve th bootcut!

I never find anything that great... but my Mom found me this awesome coat for Xmas last year... It's a Bisou Bisou, orig. $200-something, she got it for $60. It's one of those coats that comes to mid-calf and has the furry-trim... it's black with purple designs stitched on it... it's very hard to describe, but it's fucking hot and it fits me and my style to a t.

Originally posted by tastyt

I never find anything that great... but my Mom found me this awesome coat for Xmas last year... It's a Bisou Bisou, orig. $200-something, she got it for $60. It's one of those coats that comes to mid-calf and has the furry-trim... it's black with purple designs stitched on it... it's very hard to describe, but it's fucking hot and it fits me and my style to a t.

speaking of Bisoux2....did you know that select JC penny's carry it for around $60 and less? I've seen tops for $35 on print ads in mags. But did you also know that BisouX2 is filing for chap 11? yeah, what a shame eh.

yea bisou bisou chose to do a partnership with JC Penneys b/c their company was entering the gutter. the line offered at JC Penney's is a separate more affordable line exclusively for the department store.

anyway, i love discount shopping. i don't shop at marshalls though, i usually go to Woodbury Commons and Century 21. love it there. especially the leftover couture shit they got. i got costume national boots for $100, a CK couture skirt for $50, jil sander skirt for $40, an iceberg shirt for $20. :heart:

How long do you guys spend when discount shopping? I'm a bit embarassed to say but here goes.....an average of 3hrs. Yeah, that's why I shop alone! Nothing goes unturned. I even scope out the xxxl section because sometimes people hide goods there. 3/4 of my stuff I got at marshalls i found in the xxxL section. People thought they were clever when they stashed it in there. Little did they know that scavenger's like me exist. Like a veliceraptor in an egg nest!

Originally posted by kitty19

yea bisou bisou chose to do a partnership with JC Penneys b/c their company was entering the gutter. the line offered at JC Penney's is a separate more affordable line exclusively for the department store.

:

yep.. for bisou biosou this guarentees them orders. for penny's it bolsters their "brand image"

it happens wiht a lot of brands.. ie. mossimo in target, etc

btw do you work in the retail/consumer section for jpmorgan? or just read wwd? ;)

Originally posted by nycchic24

yep.. for bisou biosou this guarentees them orders. for penny's it bolsters their "brand image"

it happens wiht a lot of brands.. ie. mossimo in target, etc

btw do you work in the retail/consumer section for jpmorgan? or just read wwd? ;)

Ms. Benice, you have found me out....... LOL.

No I dont, but I am not ashmed to admit that I'm a sucker for great fashion mags. V22 is fuggin sick! it's the size of you're lap (no joke, it's as tall as it is wide), and it's only $6.50! Plus the more elaborate ads are placed in there. What is wwd btw?

Originally posted by spinsaikel

No I dont, but I am not ashmed to admit that I'm a sucker for great fashion mags. V22 is fuggin sick! it's the size of you're lap (no joke, it's as tall as it is wide), and it's only $6.50! Plus the more elaborate ads are placed in there. What is wwd btw?

:confused? huh?

Originally posted by kitty19

tsk tsk, WWD = Women's Wear Daily. it's the daily fashion newspaper. ;)

i work in Retail investment banking.. at JPMorgan, it's a part of the Diversified Industrials group, not Consumer. it's ass backwards. :aright:

thats right.. i knew it was part of another group i just couldnt remember which or what? :laugh: ... actually my sister has a friend in your group too...

hahahah one of hte time i was visiting my sister . one of her friends asked me if i was in banking too.. i just laughed and siad hell no! do i look like one...

Originally posted by spinsaikel

fuggin a. two thumbs down to me. I was thinking of J Peterman's, the place where Elaine works in Seinfeld. Perhaps I should try again nx century and come up with better material.....boo hoo. the end.

Once in awhile, I'll go to Marshall's if I need to buy new working out clothes, b/c they have good stuff from like Nike and shit extremely inexpensive.

For really good deals, I hit up Loahman's and Century 21. Many of my shoes come from Loahman's..... really nice shoes, like Ralph Lauren, for well under regular retail. Also, that store has a great selection of stilettos, which is why I own so damn many. Basically, well over half my wardrobe is from there. And the back room is so great.... like I have found Jean Paul Galtier and D&G items on clearance for about $25, which is amazing.

Century 21 also has a wonderful selection of shoes. But, when it comes to clothing, I seriously have to spend a minimum of 3-4 in that store. I literally dig through every corner of that store (the one on 86th Street in Brooklyn [bay Ridge]). But it's well worth it. I have bought a Versace leather coat there for a very good price, and tons of desginer outfits, especially office wear.

Oh, and who could forget Woodberry?? Ok, I'm going to shutup now b/c I can keep talking about the incredible stores and deals I have had forever lol. But I totally reccomend Off 5th and Neiman Marcus Last Call @ Woodberry for EVERYONE!!!!!!

[

Century 21 also has a wonderful selection of shoes. But, when it comes to clothing, I seriously have to spend a minimum of 3-4 in that store. I literally dig through every corner of that store (the one on 86th Street in Brooklyn [bay Ridge]). But it's well worth it. I have bought a Versace leather coat there for a very good price, and tons of desginer outfits, especially office wear.

ah yes, the true bargain viking shopes for a minimum of 3hrs. No stone goes unturned is my motto. let's go shopping sometime:D