Clubplanet Nightlife Community

1999 Ford Expedition

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by guyman1966

Is it possible to only replace the cables from the Battery to the starter without having to replace the Starter?

YES... ther is no cable from the starter that cant' be removed. No part on ford have the cables built into them.. They all can be removed... The cables more than likey go from the celonoid to the starter, two wires probably, a power or white and a ground... though there might be another wire for the gear to retract...

So it goes, ignition key threw the battery, to the celonoid to the starter... the starter doesn't have to be replaced, but why would you need to replace anything on a 1999?

If there is any electrical problem on that, replace the celenoid first, then check the grounds... the starter on that, should be easy to pop off, but you gotta rounte the wires again , so if you for some reason do, duct tape the new wire to the old one before pulling itout. and it should route itself..

Originally posted by saleen351

So it goes, ignition key threw the battery, to the celonoid to the starter... the starter doesn't have to be replaced, but why would you need to replace anything on a 1999?

Corrosion from the Battery line.

Guest saleen351

Corrosion from the Battery line.

its amazing you made it this far in life.. Splice the fucking thing.. Any moron can do it... no need to yank the whole wire out... cut it, put on a new connector, should take 30 mins, and 10 bucks at pep boys.... few ways to do it, but just ask the guy at pep boys... that wire from ford will set you back, but i got a hook up if you need ford parts at cost... but don't DO IT! SPLICE!!!!!!! that wire is only used when you turn the key to start, after that, no juice if flowing, and please disconnect the battery before you attempt to do dis....

I've learned the hard way and yanked the coil wire out while the car was running, i landed 10 feet back and woke up with a head ache....

Guest saleen351

2 late. Mrs. Guyman paid the bill. WE GOT FUCKED.

mike, if the wire in your light switch was messed up, and it was a home run, which in construction terms means the wire would go all the way back to the box, would you either;

A. Yank the whole wire out, and re route a new one threw the house

B. Cut off what is messed up, and splice in the new wire

C. Make a ton of dough and don't give a fuck and just paid the fucking bill cause we are stupid JAPS from Weston

Originally posted by saleen351

A. Yank the whole wire out, and re route a new one threw the house

B. Cut off what is messed up, and splice in the new wire

C. Make a ton of dough and don't give a fuck and just paid the fucking bill cause we are stupid JAPS from Weston

I'd have to answer "C" because Jews don't do manual labor. :laugh: The only Jewish carpenter was Jesus, and he had to find something else to do.

However, the mechanic called me back and said that he cut and stretched out the wires before (4 months ago) and replaced it that way then. Now the actual starter was cracked where the connection was. It could not be fixed that way again. That is why he had to replace everything.

Guest saleen351

I'd have to answer "C" because Jews don't do manual labor. :laugh: The only Jewish carpenter was Jesus, and he had to find something else to do.

However, the mechanic called me back and said that he cut and stretched out the wires before (4 months ago) and replaced it that way then. Now the actual starter was cracked where the connection was. It could not be fixed that way again. That is why he had to replace everything.

new rule, any time some thing breacks, show it to me... He ripped you off.. Starters on 99 Fords don't blow or crack in florida... Wires from battery corrision don't happen that fast and you can put rubber covers over the leads to prevent it... or get a battery with leads on the side... they have far less problems...

Something is wrong where you have to replace a starter that was "cracked"... If the starter turned over, and the retract gear was good, then it ain't your starter.... its your mechanic...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by laliux

hey Saleen,

do you know how to alter the digital velocimeter on a Celica 2000? :D

yea you gotta tweak your flux capacitor...... :D