Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I figured out why

kaydup

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on the SQ1 board once that someone said they didn't like the dance circles at SQ1 because it distracted them from 'watching the DJ.' Does this make sense to anyone?

Whether you are for or against dance circles the above comment was still pretty retarded IMO. My sister thinks SQ1 was founded by the people who are from the town that Footloose took place in...you know...a town where you can't dance :)

XOOX

Yeah I dont mind circles, if the people in them are good and the floor isnt packed!

I would love to see some kind of circle in that place other than the creepy stare. Place is uncomfortable, the only night I enjoyed the vibe was Debo and Porter.

Originally posted by sparkem

I read on the SQ1 board once that someone said they didn't like the dance circles at SQ1 because it distracted them from 'watching the DJ.' Does this make sense to anyone?

That's the kind of comment that makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe someone would actually say that :confused:

Until Square One pulls in some girls (somehow), the vibe is always going to be really weird in that place, and people aren't going to dance. I find it really creepy dancing on the floor with a bunch of dudes. Especially ones staring up at the DJ booth, or drooling over the 3 chicks on the dance floor.

Add girls, cut the DJ extreme whoring, fire Dave Ralph, play anything besides BSPF every Thursday and Square One could be a hell of a night. Ummmm, yeah. And the Kells last night was a mini-version of it all. The only bonus to all of this is that the guys are usually so geeky, the 3 girls who are there are looking for someone to talk to. As was the case last night.

Honestly, I don't think that place will ever pull in a good amount of girls...it's not actually a 'girl-friendly' place. The guys there are more interested in track ID's, etc...not chilling with cute girls. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but do you guys think that if there were more girls there that anyone would pay attention to them?

I've only been there twice, I had a good time both times but I was also completely shitfaced. More of it had to do that I don't go out on L-Street that much anymore so I always get all excited to see everyone...music was decent both times I went, but it's just not my crowd. I'm definitely going to check it out next week though!

Here's a good dance circle story- this past weekend at Sunrise there were these two guys who were 30+ who were obviously Roxy types...anyways they pushed everyone out of the way to do their freakin skit....seriously they were the WORST dancers I have ever seen..but they had their moves COREAGRAPHED. It reminded me of that dance that Ross & Monica did on that episode of Friends when they were trying to get on tv for the NYE special.

Oh and did I mention that one of them had GLOWSWORDS???????????????? I think he thought he was Luke Skywalker or something :rolleyes:

XOOX

Oh and did I mention that one of them had GLOWSWORDS???????????????? I think he thought he was Luke Skywalker or something :rolleyes:

XOOX

Sparkem,

What are Glowswords?:confused:

Edited... I get it.. glow-swords!! Ok... i'm a retard.

I agree with Kara (sparkem) 100%

I only made it to Sq1 once and that was last week for Ali and Ralph. The music was unbelievable but exactly what she said, just not my crowd. And I am not saying that I go out just for the crowd but there it was just a werid vibe. Def a sausage fest there and people that just stand on the dance floor pumping their fists to the dj. But again Im not saying its a bad thing, just not my cup of tea.

But as some of my friends told me, that night def had a different vibe from other nights. So I will be back again and hopefully it will have a different vibe. Or Ali spinning again :love2:

Well, when you get right down to it, then night is pretty much made by techno-geeks, for techno-geeks. So things kind of make sense. These are the same people who don't or can't dance, who spend more time trainspotting than actually enjoying the music, who would give any DJ a bj if they asked for it, and most of them are afraid of girls. This ensures that they'll have a decent turn-out every thursday, but that it will be clogged with the same old regulars and the party will go nowhere. They enjoy it though, so more power to them.

My take is that Square One can be a damn good time if you go with a big group of friends and just do your own thing out there. I had fun last time I went (even though the music was eh), but if I wasn't there with a good-size group (including girls, i.e. the fabulous whatupg/prplhz combo).... the night would have been a DISASTER.

g, when was this a funny thread?? This is an ANALYSIS thread. Funny threads are elsewhere.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Well, when you get right down to it, then night is pretty much made by techno-geeks, for techno-geeks. So things kind of make sense. These are the same people who don't or can't dance, who spend more time trainspotting than actually enjoying the music, who would give any DJ a bj if they asked for it, and most of them are afraid of girls. This ensures that they'll have a decent turn-out every thursday, but that it will be clogged with the same old regulars and the party will go nowhere. They enjoy it though, so more power to them.

My take is that Square One can be a damn good time if you go with a big group of friends and just do your own thing out there. I had fun last time I went (even though the music was eh), but if I wasn't there with a good-size group (including girls, i.e. the fabulous whatupg/prplhz combo).... the night would have been a DISASTER.

g, when was this a funny thread?? This is an ANALYSIS thread. Funny threads are elsewhere.

All threads with the only intention of aggrivating teamj5 are funny :tongue:

guys sorry for the confusion...glow-swords lol

Seriously they had handles on them. I haven't seen anything like it since Halloween in 3rd grade :)

OXOX

Were you embarassed for them. I would have been.

Originally posted by kaydup

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Dont feel bad I thought the same thing

what is that thing on the girl that is get tongue lashed on your avatar? i cant tell. looks like mud or pudding....mmmmm..pudding

I was even more embarrassed that the DJ that came up was from NYC and he and his friend had to see that!! But yes, I was embarrassed for them not only because they had their shirts off and their manboobs that were jiggling like there was no tomorrow, but also because they actually thought that everyone was watching them because they were good!! We only backed up because my friend almost got kicked in the stomach.

I guess they're the guys that originated the Roxy Napkin toss?? I guess they like to throw napkins in the air at The Roxy?? I only know this because my friend used to go to The Roxy when she was underage and she calls him 'The Roxy guy'...not to be confused with 'TheRoxyGuy' website.

XOXO

I was even more embarrassed that the DJ that came up was from NYC and he and his friend had to see that!! But yes, I was embarrassed for them not only because they had their shirts off and their manboobs that were jiggling like there was no tomorrow, but also because they actually thought that everyone was watching them because they were good!! We only backed up because my friend almost got kicked in the stomach.

I guess they're the guys that originated the Roxy Napkin toss?? I guess they like to throw napkins in the air at The Roxy?? I only know this because my friend used to go to The Roxy when she was underage and she calls him 'The Roxy guy'...not to be confused with 'TheRoxyGuy' website.

XOXO

Manboobs?

Roxy Napkin Toss?

WTF?

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by vicman

what is that thing on the girl that is get tongue lashed on your avatar? i cant tell. looks like mud or pudding....mmmmm..pudding

:laugh: Are you coming up here next month or what??? And stick to the subject here - we're analyzing manboobs now :puke:

No luck fester:

Sorry, no results were found containing "roxy-napkin toss"

SEARCH TIPS

1) Check your spelling. Are the words in your query spelled correctly, and are those guys serious?

2) Try using synonyms, like shitheads w/ manboobs. Maybe the site you're looking for uses slightly different words, like "WTF are they thinking" instead of "those assholes are fucked".

3) Make your search more general. For example, Dancing w/ GLOWSWORDS is really gay and once again WTF, and WTF is the Roxy Napkin toss..

4.) I'm really sorry, but your computer is not that gay to search something like that..

For more tips and answers to frequently asked questions, check out MSN Search Help or www.roxyboston.com

Originally posted by vicman

Ya know Vic I miss ya. But you only seem to come around when you can't figure out what the chicks in my avatar are doing. And frankly that hurts me