Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beat my speeding ticket!

DaVe

Just had to share the good news... Drove 2 hours north of NYC to fight a speeding ticket I got back in October. Read all about how to beat speeding tickets on the Internet, so I thought I was pretty prepared.

Got into court in this little town, and the judge says that everyone here for speeding tickets will meet with the officer who wrote the ticket first to see if a deal can be reached. I hear my name called and walk out into the hallway to talk with the officer. He has all the paperwork and showed up, so those 2 ways out of a ticket didn't work. Asks if my record is clean - it is. Starts to say he can reduce the amount over the speed limit, but I tell him I am most concerned with the points and my insurance going up. He tells me, ok, he'll write me a ticket for broken speedometer. Awesome! No points, and only a $65 fine.

So, it pays to fight your speeding ticket. One guy on the Internet got 10 tickets and was able to successfully get out of 8 of them. Made my day!

hah, I only all of us could garner a little bit of luck with some good researching.

Although I did get pulled over for making an illegal left out of the Holland (Following a van) and put on my best innocent face. The guy in front of me must have been an ass because when the officer came to me, he seemed relieved I was friendly.

He saw my PBA car thing and I got to tell a cop how my bro in law manages Dunkin Donuts and that the whole force goes there.....Never been able to say that to a cop with a straight face before! (Even though its true lol)

True Story and I'm still in shock:

Last Night I'm proceding home from NJ, and a cop pulls up aside me and says there was "no left turn" allowed at that last intersection, I was shocked and say "sorry", he smiled, said "no problem". WHOA he was even smiling.

maybe he took pity cause I had NY plates, even more shocking!!!

and Qwest.... yeah OBEY the Rules hahahahahah

Shut It!

Originally posted by apotheosis

True Story and I'm still in shock:

Last Night I'm proceding home from NJ, and a cop pulls up aside me and says there was "no left turn" allowed at that last intersection, I was shocked and say "sorry", he smiled, said "no problem". WHOA he was even smiling.

maybe he took pity cause I had NY plates, even more shocking!!!

and Qwest.... yeah OBEY the Rules hahahahahah

Originally posted by djqwest

It's much easier to obey the speed limits than to waste everyones time and taxpayer dollars.

Try it.

Haha...that's pretty funny. 80 in a 65 was not too excessive.

Read this article on speeding and tickets, and I think you'll see that it is just big business for everyone involved. Did you know insurance companies actually buy expensive laser speed guns for police departments?

http://www.motorists.org/issues/tickets/traffic_ticket_system.html

Originally posted by DaVe

Haha...that's pretty funny. 80 in a 65 was not too excessive.

Read this article on speeding and tickets, and I think you'll see that it is just big business for everyone involved. Did you know insurance companies actually buy expensive laser speed guns for police departments?

http://www.motorists.org/issues/tickets/traffic_ticket_system.html

money makes the world go round.

2 weeks ago I was driving through North Carolina in a hoop-tee with FL plates, a NY Licensce, 2 black kids in the car and coming straight out of a heavy bar session.

I get pulled over by Jim C. Crow and this guy strolls up to the car, takes a look at the situation and kind of gave me that "mmm hmm.." He tells me that I was doing 20 over the limit and to step out of the car.

Then he makes me walk the line toe to toe while reciting the alphabet BACKWARDS from S-->C! I tried to joke w/ him that I couldn't do that drunk or sober, which he didn't appreciate.

180$ ticket in NC that will be following me around till I'm dead.

Originally posted by bassboy

2 weeks ago I was driving through North Carolina in a hoop-tee with FL plates, a NY Licensce, 2 black kids in the car and coming straight out of a heavy bar session.

I get pulled over by Jim C. Crow and this guy strolls up to the car, takes a look at the situation and kind of gave me that "mmm hmm.." He tells me that I was doing 20 over the limit and to step out of the car.

Then he makes me walk the line toe to toe while reciting the alphabet BACKWARDS from S-->C! I tried to joke w/ him that I couldn't do that drunk or sober, which he didn't appreciate.

180$ ticket in NC that will be following me around till I'm dead.

If I remember correctly, they DON'T follow you around. You can just never get caught driving in NC again, but as far as the other states go, you should be fine.

Anyone confirm?

depends on the state and if they are part of this nationwide 'network' of points sharing between DMV's in each state. I know for a fact that NY/NJ sahre points (that dam illegal turn in NY cought up with me in jersey lol) BUt I know that some of the southern states (NC might be one of em) dont participate in this.

My boss was once driving through some hick state, got pulled over for speeding, and by law, had to follow the police car back to the station, and once there could either pay the ticket on the spot (cash and all major credit cards accepted) or could wait in a holding cell until he got the credit card number of someone who wanted to pay for the ticket!!!

way to go on beating that ticket DaVe.

i learned a few years ago that you have to fight whatever tickets you get. i'm meeting with a lawyer down in Toms River tomorrow (who sent me a letter offering his services, found out i got a ticket by going through the towns records) about fighting a ticket i got going over the Toms River bridge (82 in a 50).

i've beaten about 5-6 in a row, i don't know that i'll be able to get out of this one though.

Originally posted by djqwest

It's much easier to obey the speed limits than to waste everyones time and taxpayer dollars.

Try it.

and then what fun would life be without a few problems?

Here I am with a Midengine sports car, dynoed at 223 hp to the wheels, with a boost controller, upgraded suspension and a big honkin' exhaust....

there is no way i'm going to obey the speed limit all the time.

The point is to SPEED INTELLIGENTLY, i.e. not all by yourself in the left lane in a flashy car with no radar detector.;)

...and always have Scramble boost available for those few seconds when you need to make a run for the nearest exit, before the cop sees you leave the highway.

Originally posted by cintron

and then what fun would life be without a few problems?

Here I am with a Midengine sports car, dynoed at 223 hp to the wheels, with a boost controller, upgraded suspension and a big honkin' exhaust....

there is no way i'm going to obey the speed limit all the time.

The point is to SPEED INTELLIGENTLY, i.e. not all by yourself in the left lane in a flashy car with no radar detector.;)

...and always have Scramble boost available for those few seconds when you need to make a run for the nearest exit, before the cop sees you leave the highway.

save money on the radar detector and keep a 150-shot in the trunk ;):aright: