Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beepers...

Who had one? Remember when these things were the thing to have?!....with all the different colors and styles?!

Everyone had a certain code, and you could write out things w/numbers....like "I miss you" was "1 177155 400"

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by i3itch

Never had one... I missed out on some good times tho I see :(

me neither...honestly never saw the point......might as well have a mobile to call them back at, that's a pay phone and beeper rolled into one..........

Originally posted by sassa

me neither...honestly never saw the point......might as well have a mobile to call them back at, that's a pay phone and beeper rolled into one..........

Yeah but I'm talking back in like '96-'98 when cell phones weren't too widely used.....ehhh maybe it's a Jersey thing :tongue:

Originally posted by Mystify22

Yeah but I'm talking back in like '96-'98 when cell phones weren't too widely used.....ehhh maybe it's a Jersey thing :tongue:

:) maybe, i haven't been in jersey for a while.......

Originally posted by Mystify22

Who had one? Remember when these things were the thing to have?!....with all the different colors and styles?!

Everyone had a certain code, and you could write out things w/numbers....like "I miss you" was "1 177155 400"

:laugh: :laugh:

hell yeah i remember... my beeper code was 976, so everyone knew who was calling ppl assigned their own codes to themselves... the funniest were all these spelled out words in digits... towards the end it started to get ridiculous...

i had one for a year.... it was one of the really tiny ones, i'd lose it all the time... i remember my friends and i would always page each other good night/sweet dreams but i can't remember the code... my code was 1119 for my birthday... how original lol

Originally posted by naughtybabe

I had one, actually I had like 6.

I was always changing them.

I always wanted the coolest one out.

Omg Mystify you just went OLD SCHOOL..

:laugh:

i had like a thousand...either it kept breaking

or just needed the new shit

540 was the code kidd

Wow! Its a trip to even discuss about it.

My first one was in 87 or 88 and cell phone those days were so huge you can knock someone out and damn thing still works.

What about when the Motorola express came out and you can leave a message or code where to meet.

Let see if I remember a few:

1: 17 31707 1 (If u read it upside down supposed to read I love u)

2: 1 177155 17: I miss u

3: 90 2 .....( Go to whateva st. u usually hangout)

4: 911 ( everyone knows .. stupid emergency but if you had a girlfriend every phone call she would make is an emergency..lol)

forgot the rest... wow seriously, what memories...

Originally posted by eurolisa

i think it was a totally BIG jersey thing, i wish i still had mine:(

Nah! It was a big NY thing also. I lived in Queens back than and everyone had them....

Back than cell phone rates were high....not as cheap as they are today..

Its so weird cuz i was actually thinking about my beeper earlier today!! I had a teal one and i sweated the sound it made when it went off. I was hardcore into all the codes too lol. I was 4's all across;)