Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Belated "Trip To England" ReViEw!!!

OK, so here is my recount of the trip to the UK - plus explanation for Starshaped as to why I wasnt at Crasher:

Friday: This was supposed to be the day I went to england. A few days beforehand, I received a phone call from a promoter here in Florence saying that a female DJ they had hired from Chicago to play the closing party of a prestige house club around here was sick and couldn't make it. They desperately needed a female DJ, and I am apparently the only other one that exists between Milano and Roma.. so .. I was offered a fat payout and a complete reimbursement for new plane tickets if I would stay the extra night and play the headlining guest spot. No way I was turning that down, so I stayed here Friday and had a fucking AWESOME night - hey they even published my bio in the paper lolololol

Saturday: Tired, hung over, I schlep myself to the airport and board a plane for England that would get me to the UK around 6 p.m. local time. Landed at Heathrow, learned how to cross the street (look right, look left!). Next, I dragged my friend all around London so I could take pictures of Buckingham Palace, The London Eye, Big Ben, yada yada yada.... Around 9 p.m., we make the decision to do this gatecrasher thing. Between that time and 1 a.m. I can only recount stopping at the Welcome Break and eating a tuna and cucumber baguette, cause the rest of the time, I was passed the f*** out in the passenger seat of my friend's car. By the time we reached Lincoln around 1 a.m. I was so uselessly exhausted I knew I would never make it through crasher, and I didn't know if it would even be worth the price of the ticket at that point cause it would be quite late when we got there. Further, Starshaped never called me to tell me where in the fawkin joint I might be able to locate him so I figured that would be a classic needle in a big fat haystack.... so, we ended up stamping a negativo on Crasher and toured around Lincoln instead.

Sunday: Shopped at this hilarious store that had all this wonderfully eurotrashy clothing for very little money (I bought a pair of pink satin capri pants... bwahahahha, now I wonder what on earth I will EVER do with a pair of pink satin capri pants) and hit up the chinese market to buy ramen noodles and teriyaki sauce, which do not exist in Italy (the chinese restaurant owners know where to get it, but they aren't telling!). Headed to manchester, saw lots of sheep on the way, and went record shopping with my buddy that lives around there. Found at random a track I have been searching for quite some time (happy!) and then my two friends brought my to Harry Rumsden's and said I had to eat fish and chips with mushy peas or I was wasting my time in England. Ate that, and drank two varieties of english beer at a pub in manchester. Felt VERY fat. After that, drove another few hours to Stratford Upon Avon and took a walk with my friend, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's dog. Saw real thatched cottage, shakespeare theater and few other cool bits of the town (like field where they have GKGG) - really nice there, would definitely consider going back for summer trip. Next, it was down to London, where we got lost trying to find Fabric. Got lost again looking for a working ATM.

Fabric: This deserves its own paragraph. First of all, the place kicks ass. I cannot TELL you how great it was drink cosmopolitans (cranberry juice does not exist in Italy either) and listen to REAL house music on a huge sound system in a big club and no one was asking the DJ to play 50 cent..... PARADISE!!! Anyway, Sunday is definitely gay night, so I will shortly post pictures of the sea of big shirtless english boys on the dancefloor... whenever I get the photos developed and scanned. Anyways, we couldn't seem to find the other two rooms, so we started on a mission around the main room to find them. Mid -search, this guy comes up and asks what exactly I am looking for, then proceeds to take me on a tour of the other rooms which for some reason included a trip into the dj booth of the hip hop (?) floor. I thought the setup in there was great (namely, the only people in there were me for a minute and the DJ - and it was immaculately clean. take a hint, club owners!! this is correct! keep the bullshit out of the booth) After that, spent some time on the floor dancing like it was my last chance to move for the rest of eternity (actually two months). On my way out, was walking past a group of Italian guys (!) that subsequently tried to use me as part of a joke, until they figured out I spoke Italian. They were from Napoli, and naturally therefore only interested in one thing, so I vacated the premises immediately. Went directly from Fabric to the airport, had a STARBUCKS FRAPPUCCINO (!!!!!!!!!!!) and slept the whole plane ride home (hope I wasnt snoring) - just lovely really.

So there you have it - my trip to England. Needless to say, this requires another trip at a more leisurely pace the next time, so I will be back. and this time starshaped maybe won't fuck up and forget to tell me where I can find him at crasher. :D

The End!

:lickit:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

it doesnt matter whether you were too tired or not on saturday....gatecrasher was on friday

:idea::tongue:

It was Paul Van Dyk 6hr set in Sheffield on the Saturday,that was the one she was going to.And can i just say that Ashley Casselle fucking rocked the place warming up for PVD :aright:

Vixen-How the hell did you do so much? i just don't understand how you ended up in lincoln :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by starshaped

It was Paul Van Dyk 6hr set in Sheffield on the Saturday,that was the one she was going to.And can i just say that Ashley Casselle fucking rocked the place warming up for PVD :aright:

Vixen-How the hell did you do so much? i just don't understand how you ended up in lincoln :laugh:

So THERE, nils, you wanker.... :rolleyes::D

...I ended up in Lincoln cause I was staying there lol but I saw signs for Doncaster around there, thought it would be amusing to see it then I realized I'd probably just be disappointed :tongue: