Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the Z Vs. G35 coupe

between these two rides which would you pick & why? money not being an option here.. Just looking to get some opinions on these to consider a future purchase>> Also i would like to know the tune-ability of each at this point.. thnx

on a side note>>

9.jpg

i'm more of a "pure sports car" guy, so my vote would go to the 350Z track model.

the G35 has been described as more of a 2+2 Z, kind of like the older model's 2+2 which is more of like a sports coupe. More plush furnishings etc. Track tests say the G35 has a less bitchy nature due to the elongated wheelbase and slightly higher weight. I'll believe that. The 4 door G35 is still competent too but it's not the same car. The 2 door G35 is basically for someone who wants 95% of the 350's capability, but wants style and a little luxury as well.

In terms of performance bang for the buck, they should be equivalent. The 350Z would be the obvious choice for mods, since it's already more of a purebreed. Modding a G35 is nice but if you want more performance, go with the 350.

Both motors are the same, though the G35 has different tuning.

Again, for mods they should react somewhat similarly.

I'd favor the 350Z for a platform that's going to go beyond the basic mods, like Intake, exhaust and wheels. the 350 seems like a good car for a turbokit, or lightweight flywheel, pullies, a clutch-type limited slip, etc.

The G35 is something that's worth blinging out as a boulevard cruiser, kind of like the M3. Competent and sporty but doesn't have that razor sharp edge that its smaller brother does.

on a sidenote... that pic is gorgeous :)

[i'd paint the doorhandle black though. Looks chinzy.]

Originally posted by cintron

The 2 door G35 is basically for someone who wants 95% of the 350's capability, but wants style and a little luxury as well.

thats my category :aright:

i dont like the 350z's interior at all. it looks like it wouldnt last very long.

03_350z_interior2_rc.jpg

the 35's interior has a lot less of that awful looking fake aluminum plastic. i mean.....why not go for the real thing?

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

thats my category :aright:

i dont like the 350z's interior at all. it looks like it wouldnt last very long.

03_350z_interior2_rc.jpg

the 35's interior has a lot less of that awful looking fake aluminum plastic. i mean.....why not go for the real thing?

isn't there a black version of that interior? the one i sat in seemed nicer than that...