Clubplanet Nightlife Community

forgetting people's names...

joeg

Originally posted by joeg

i hate it when i run into someone i haven't seen in a while, and i'm drunk or something... god i hate that....

hahahaha when ur like oh hi um uh lol that happend to me last night with the 2 promoters @ life. I couldnt remember which was which lol whooops but we still got in ;)

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

hahahaha when ur like oh hi um uh lol that happend to me last night with the 2 promoters @ life. I couldnt remember which was which lol whooops but we still got in ;)

lol...

yeah, i remembered like a piece of the person's name and confused it with someone else, and had to try and play that off.... lol.... luckily there was a few people around, so i kinda just made a big joke out of it.... i still felt like an ass, cause i really did remember the person and where i met them and everything, just not the name....

Originally posted by fineones

i never forger them..i just try not to ever learn them

in one ear, out the other .... I never remember anyones name unless I have met them several times...

Im like that with dates too, birthdays im especially bad..... But I can remember the nights I have vividly. Weird. :rolleyes:

You know I never really have forgotten any one's name and I remember (usually) yrs after I have met you and have not seen for talked to you for a while. I can even tell you how we met. I do not know why I can but I can. People asking I do it and I can not tell. It's alos good business skills. :)

Originally posted by fearlesss

You know I never really have forgotten any one's name and I remember (usually) yrs after I have met you and have not seen for talked to you for a while. I can even tell you how we met. I do not know why I can but I can. People asking I do it and I can not tell. It's alos good business skills. :)

I better learn then for my career's sake :D

i never remember anyone's name, although alot of them i wonder if i've ever met in the first place, or if they're just acting like they know me after seeing me spin somewhere. lately, every friday when i come out of the train station at west 4th, i hear people yell my name from storefronts or on the sidewalk, and i just smile and wave since i really have no idea who 95% of them are anyway. even this one promoter who just booked me to play in a couple weeks said he first introduced himself to me over a month ago at this party i was spinning, and i simply have no recollection of the meeting. although i don't want to believe this happens because my brain is fried, i wonder if it's just because that's the way my brain works. i've always been better with numbers and never have to write down a phone number cause i always remember it. for some reason, numbers always stick in my brain, but names always elude me.

one good way to keep someone's name in your memory banks is to repeat it aloud when you're first introduced. that way, when you remember that first meeting - as most of you above said you do - you can recall saying, "hi, what'syournuts, my name's whothefuck," or whatever the names may be.

you can also associate these people with something that helps you remember his/her name the first time you meet him/her, and that thing'll stick for the next time you see him/her. for instance, you have just met paul, who happens to be tall, barry, who is wearing a particularly memorable blue outfit ( :yuck: ) tonight, or stephanie, who's as stupid as they come.

these really work :) !

oh man, more than this i hate when i can't remember how i know someone. it happens a lot with older people, they'll come up to me and know this and that about me, complimenting me and i'm thinking "wtf are you?" it's so stressful because you're constantly racking your brain trying to think of general things to say that won't let on how freaking clueless you are as to who this person is lol...