Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jetblue and DirectTV

Someone please answer this question that baffles my mind:

How the hell do they get the satellite signal?? The thing is going at 500 mph. if u ever played with a dish u would know that once u move even 1 mm the signal is gone

Originally posted by musicbeat

Someone please answer this question that baffles my mind:

How the hell do they get the satellite signal?? The thing is going at 500 mph. if u ever played with a dish u would know that once u move even 1 mm the signal is gone

MaGic

The same way they get it on cruise ships, and the same way NBC got video from a MOVING tank driving across the desert in iraq...

The dish is mounted on a stabilized mount (gyroscope - the same thing that holds the camera mounted on tv helicopters steady while they zoom in like 8million times and the chopper moves around) that keeps the dish level at all times, then there are two motors - one moves the dish up and down, and the other moves it left to right, and a 'brain' somewhere that monitors the sateilte signal and based on its signal strengh 'tracks' the signal while the plane moves.

there is a company that makes a similar product made for mobile homes, same concept tho - u can check out more info at http://www.turbosurf.com/TracVisionL3.html

ok now i'm off to bed lol