Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OSCAR G.!!!

mandy007

MUSIC WAS AMAZING LAST NIGHT!

My friends and I were dancing for 5 hours straight. I loved the vibe, I never used to get into house but now it's all I want to hear. I got blisters frown.gif Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a CD by Oscar G.? Does he play anywhere else?

-mandy-

Hey Mandy, you too huh. I started getting cramps in my calves around 8:30, had to go sit on a speaker for a while. And this was after staying for Digweeds entire set the night before, I am now recuperating.

Oscar was definitely off the hook on Sat and the vibe was awesome. It reminded me of a Deep Dish/ Danny T/ Steve Lawler type set. And talk about flawless mixing, he's one of the very few jocks left that actually use the 3rd turntable and with ease.

I've followed his work since the early Murk days of 1990 when he was about 19. And have had the pleasure of hearing him in Vinyl (covered for Danny T) as well as Space.

Oscar G, if you're out their and happen to read this post, Hats Off…. Already looking forward to next Saturday (and of course Tomorrow night as well).

Later

PS Mandy, check out a review of one of Oscars last cds

http://www.homebass.ca/release/r3928.cfm

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

What is going on tuesday????

GA: I know you are kidding right? (as usual)

I can't wait for Deep Dish...also looking foreward to Steve Lawler, never heard him live before...

BTW: Oscar was off the hook...Does anyone know that song he played that says "IT BEGAN IN AFRICA" It was baaadddd...

PEACE smile.gif

Originally posted by kingstreet:

BTW: Oscar was off the hook...Does anyone know that song he played that says "IT BEGAN IN AFRICA" It was baaadddd...

PEACE smile.gif

the song is called "waking the sprits"from bob holroyd. I can’t believe oscar g broke that track out; I have never heard it at any club. you can find it on steve lawler's album called home. home also has a killer track from oscar g called "make me feel". it took me almost a month to get this cd .it is by far, some the best progressive house around. if you have a problem getting it,hit me up with a pm, and I'll hook you up. I have to watch the $$; so I’m going to miss lawler on tuesday. let me know how his set goes; I’m sure he will be tearing it up.

peace, sobeton smile.gif

------------------

sobeton.jpg

Aztec-Mystic and Sobeton,

Thanks for your suggestions guys smile.gif

Today I picked up Smugglers Run (mixed by Oscar G.) and Home (mixed by Steve Lawler) They are both very cool...good looking out!

Could'nt find that House Music Movement CD though, any clue where I can find that?

I also picked up the new Yoshiesque 2 (mixed by Deep Dish) very nice smile.gifBTW: did anybody notice they thank Edgar V. and Oscar G. in their credits....pretty impressive...our hometown guys are getting some well deserved recognition. Miami is finally coming around.

PEACE smile.gif

[This message has been edited by kingstreet (edited 07-04-2001).]

Archived