Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2.4L Turbo PT cruiser??? wtf?

joeg

chyrsler has yet to make a car worth driving, IMO... but i just saw a commercial for a 2.4L turbo pt cruiser...

anyone know details? its still ugly as shit... but i'm curious if it'll be fwd or rwd... (i'd put my money on fwd)

Originally posted by joeg

chyrsler has yet to make a car worth driving, IMO... but i just saw a commercial for a 2.4L turbo pt cruiser...

anyone know details? its still ugly as shit... but i'm curious if it'll be fwd or rwd... (i'd put my money on fwd)

considering that it uses the Neon powertrain....my guess is that it is FWD

its overpriced too. $25k seems a little rediculous, considering that the Forester Turbo will have AWD and wont die after 3-5 years of normal use.

the stealth & talon were both designed, engineered and produced by mitsubishi... then they stuck a "talon" badge on it...

the only thing chrysler had any part in on that car was the AUTOMATIC transmission (which i can tell you is a piece of shit)

oh, and they also did the non-turbo models with the 420a engine (aka older neon engine, ughhhhhhhhhhhh)

i don't know anything about the daytona, so i can't comment...

i had no intention of ever getting behind the wheel of a pt cruiser... but i just like to keep an eye on the competition...

Don't get me wrong the PT is def busted... I did read that Daimler has focused it's resources into increasing product quality to cut costs of warranty funded repairs of late models which inturn helped the bottom line.

The Crossfire is a interersting machine based on semi-unique only resembles a 500sl slightly (and I mean slightly) but other parts are compatible with a sibling benz for a lot less. Have to see it up close, have to admit the 18f 19r sound sweet. Maybe Daimler can run with it, and puts some balls on that 6 with a turbo or Kompresser for under 40K. :D

personally, i dont think a car can be reviewed until its out in the street and real people drive it and puts it to the test.

as for the pt turbo, the car has been made and talked about since last year. it supposed to be a fwd. i think the motor is the same as the new neon turbo. but the intercooler is setup differently.

i forgot where i was reading about it, watched it. but its more of a get around car instead of a street rod.

Originally posted by atomicapples

personally, i dont think a car can be reviewed until its out in the street and real people drive it and puts it to the test.

as for the pt turbo, the car has been made and talked about since last year. it supposed to be a fwd. i think the motor is the same as the new neon turbo. but the intercooler is setup differently.

i forgot where i was reading about it, watched it. but its more of a get around car instead of a street rod.

that's the most youve ever typed at once. wow.