Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a virus from ClubPlanet?

If your not sure what this says=

ill shorten it for you-

in otherwords-

"webmaster@clubplanet.com" sent me something to my e-mail

this e-mail contained

3 viruses-

(3 incase i was able to delete the 1st ones)

:eek:

RAV AntiVirus for Win32 version: 1.0.2 (snapshot-20020429)

The file (part0000:)->(IFRAME0000) which was attached to the message with subject: Language sent by webmaster@clubplanet.com to djliqidtouch@tellurian.com,

was infected with virus: HTML/IFrame_Exploit*. For your protection, the infected attachment has been deleted.

The file coult not be cleaned, so it was deleted.

The infected file was successfully deleted by RAV AntiVirus.

The file (part0001:sitting[2].bat) which was attached to the message with subject: Language sent by webmaster@clubplanet.com to djliqidtouch@tellurian.com,

was infected with virus: Win32/Klez.H@mm. For your protection, the infected attachment has been deleted.

The file coult not be cleaned, so it was deleted.

The infected file was successfully deleted by RAV AntiVirus.

Scan engine 8.11 for i386.

Last update: Fri May 30 10:29:58 2003

Originally posted by dbolboy

what does KLEZ mean>?

Description:

This memory-resident variant of the WORM_KLEZ.A mass-mailing worm uses SMTP to propagate via email. Its email messages arrive with randomly selected subjects chosen from a list. It also spoofs its emails such that email messages from this worm appear to have been sent by certain email accounts, including accounts that are not infected.

Upon execution, it drops files and creates an entry in the AutoRun key of the system registry and then infects .EXE files. It encrypts (compresses) its target files and then modifies the file extension of these with a random name. It also sets the attributes of its encrypted files to Read-only, Hidden, System, and Archive. Thereafter, this worm copies itself to the original file name of the infected file.

This worm makes sure that its file size is the same as that of the infected file. To do this, it pads garbage data at the end of the infected file. It does not perform its antivirus retaliation routine on machines running Windows NT 4.0 or lower. Windows NT 4.0 or lower do not have system functions or the Application Program Interface (API) that this worm uses to kill antivirus-related processes.

To propagate copies of itself, this worm uses its own SMTP engine to send email containing its executable program. It has several ways of collecting its spoofed source email address and target email address.

It randomly chooses its target users from a pool of email addresses and from the email address that appear in the From field of the email.

Similar to the other KLEZ variants, this worm can change or spoof the original email address in the FROM: field. It obtains the email addresses that it places in the FROM: field from the infected user's address book. This causes a non-infected user's name to appear as the person who has sent this worm's malicious email. It does this to hide the real sender of the infected email.

The actual email address of the sender is found in the Envelope From field. This email address is taken from the email address of the infected user’s SMTP account and this can be found in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\

Internet Account Manager\Accounts

Since the Envelope From field cannot be found in the email body, the only way to get this information is by monitoring Transmission Control Protocol packets.

The subject of the email it sends is composed in a complex manner.

The subject may contain any of the following substrings:

how are you

let's be friends

darling

so cool a flash,enjoy it

Your password

honey

some questions

please try again

welcome to my hometown

the Garden of Eden

introduction on ADSL

meeting notice

questionnaire

congratulations

sos!

japanese girl VS playboy

look,my beautiful girl friend

eager to see you

spice girls' vocal concert

japanese lass' sexy pictures

Worm Klez.E immunity

Undelivarable mail-“%sâ€

Returned mail-“%sâ€

special

*Where %s is a random string.

The subject may also be any of the following:

a %s %s game

a %s %s tool

a %s %s Web site

a %s %s patch

%s removal tools

%s can be any of the following:

new

funny

nice

humour

excite

powful

good

special

WinXP

IE 6.0

W32.Elkern

W32.Klez.E

Symantec

Mcafee

F-Secure

Sophos

Trendmicro

Kaspersky

Originally posted by ou812

Description:

This memory-resident variant of the WORM_KLEZ.A mass-mailing worm uses SMTP to propagate via email. ............

sorry ou812

i just wanted to shorten it for the ones that need it easier

-

ATTN to those needing something easier _()_

this virus(program) gets into your CONTACTS list of your e-mailing program-

if its in your home e-mail contacts- its goes out to anyone that you send mail to so now they have it as well(unless their comp sees and deletes it)

EXAMPLE: XraptureX is sending mail from work and has it in her contacts their-

its will propagate"weasel its way into and attach"

to all the e-mailing programs in her office

(careful Jill):eek:

you all should take GREAT care of your comps-

if anyone needs some programs to Download that will clean your PC's (in home or office)

get at me

e-mail / aim / whatever-

the guys at INTEL gave me some really good stuff:D

well i dont know if this related but all of sudden my parents computer crashed for no reason i sometimes get emails from club planet on that on under my dads email so if he opened it by mistake it could of been infected. i dont know i am not going to bring this up to him cause he will kill me and thank god dell is sending over someone to fix it free of charge. thought i share this