Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bandanas on Guys...

its all about who wears them.. there are some guys i know.. that look really good in them.. then when they take them off they are only ok looking.. but some guys don't know how to wear them right.. or their heads are too big and it looks dumb!

Yeah you definately gotta know how to put one on. Anyone could rock them, you just have to know how to put it on. My roommate put one on, it looked really stupid the way he put it on, I had to take it off and put it on for him the right way. Then it looked good. I used to wear them last year more often, not really anymore.

i can see wearing it for happy hour/day time type of stuff, but at night in an already too hot club, i just don't understand it....goes for hats too (except for chicks)

and if your gonna rock them, at least wear/ spread it out over the head. the karate kid look is just stupid

anybody can buy n wear bandanas. but of course putting it together with an outfit so it will compliment it can be tricky if the person feels that going either gangster or bon jovi rip off is the way to go. Remember kids, fashions can be bought but style one must acquire.

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

I always liked them, but the guy has to be wearing sweats or dressed down ( a.k.a. not trying too hard ) .. The downfall is when they wear one trying to make a fashion statement or while being decked out :nono:

I disagree with your first statement. Who says they HAVE to be dressed down to pull off a bandana? Wearing it with sweats seems a bit of a cop out to me. That is something I'd expect to see in jr high or even high school. But wearing it with something dressy is a definite no no.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

I disagree with your first statement. Who says they HAVE to be dressed down to pull off a bandana? Wearing it with sweats seems a bit of a cop out to me. That is something I'd expect to see in jr high or even high school. But wearing it with something dressy is a definite no no.

Right, but if you agree with me that wearing one while being dressed up is a nono, but you don't agree that they have to be dressed down, then what other option is left? :confused:

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

Right, but if you agree with me that wearing one while being dressed up is a nono, but you don't agree that they have to be dressed down, then what other option is left? :confused:

C'mon, "think outside the bun" for a sec here. First of all, what is your definition of dressed down? Wearing sweats and such with a bandana is like work out clothing to me. If I were to wear a bandana, I'd take it a step further and wear a flat top hat over it. And of course my choice of configuration has to compliment headwear (i.e. track jacket and form fitting bootcut or reg pair of jeans with hightops or even low tops. I prefer shoes with a hint of 80's or even a low profile puma such as the "Mihara my 6 disc.")

:drool: I love that model!

If I were to wear one plain, I'd fold so that it is at least as wide as your palm. Then I would probalby wear a jean outfit with it. or a sleeveless shirt that fits. No tennis shoes though because that'd throw it off and you'd be issued a citation for "trying to hard.":laugh: A worn in dress boot would go well with the look. If not, try a dress boot with plain toe. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THROWING IN TIMBERLAND'S!;) Unless you feel like being a no limit souljah for a day..

See, our definitions of dressed down are what caused the controversy.. I don't really even consider jeans as "dressed down"-maybe bc my jeans dont look right w/ sneakers, only boots..Therefore when I wear jeans, boots are always required. I wear sweatpants out A LOT - not nasty stained ones, but I'll wear,for example, a pair of plain back Juicy sweats w/ my Hogan sneakers & maching Hogan bag, and a tight shirt to match-I never look like "Im going to the gym" unless I want to achieve that look. Ahhh alright...