Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
nSyNcBaBy

Got another job today!!

working as an assistant counselor at a childrens psychiatric clinic :D

i thought it was gonna just be a volunteer summer job, but its actually a paid part time job thats mine as long as i dont quit and i dont get fired :D :D :D woooohooooooo!:tongue:

Congrats Lina! That's awesome!

And also wonderful bc it's related to your major, great resume builder :aright:

lol, while you have *2* jobs, I still haven't found one yet, though I've had a bunch of interviews, and have another on Thursday....Hopefully soon enough, I can make a post about getting a job! :)

Originally posted by linabina

i thought it was gonna just be a volunteer summer job, but its actually a paid part time job thats mine as long as i dont quit and i dont get fired :D :D :D woooohooooooo!:tongue:

CONGRATS BEANIE BEBE~!!!

arseniodedi24.jpg

Originally posted by linabina

Ahh!! Tell me where I can find jobs like this!!

(where do you look and find them?)

I'll even take volunteer work, it doesn't need to be a paying job.

Originally posted by Codica3

Ahh!! Tell me where I can find jobs like this!!

(where do you look and find them?)

I'll even take volunteer work, it doesn't need to be a paying job.

Start by making friends with your psych teachers ;)!

Originally posted by rdancer

Start by making friends with your psych teachers ;)!

I don't like most of my psych teachers. They believe that everything is a result of evolution and that all psychological problems can be systematically explained neurologically which is complete bullshit IMO..

All of them except 2 that is.. and I plan on making friends with those two.. one I am working on getting into his class next semester with a special permission number and the other one is teaching a class I want in the spring.

sure ill let u know when im licensed ;)

and cody- the biggest key in getting anywhere in this field is to seriously get to know ur professors... i have my advisor who is now the professor of my summer class who knows me and talks to me... potential letter of recommendation :idea:... another professor who is the head of psychology club (become a member if u have one @ rutgers... its cool) and psi chi which ill be a member of soon who im doing a research assistantship with for experience.. grad schools look for that... and my mentor... my fave professor that i 1st had for intro to psych, i had her again for a different class this past semester and i asked her for advice on getting clinical experience and she told me i could come work with her... so thats what i did. now i got 3 people to write me 3 good letters of recommendation when im ready to apply, clinical experience and research experience and i still have a year and 1/2 till i graduate so i have much more time to build on that.

what u really need to do... is get in there with ur professors... ask about research assistantships, internship info... ANYTHING that will get u experience in the field. also look at different requirements for grad school programs... and see what u need to do in undergrad to prepare

but ANYWAY the only reason i got this job and am getting shit done is cuz i spoke up and asked :aright: