Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final Party @ 711 - PLEASE READ!!

groovefire

Well, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Such is the case for Play Thursdays @ 711 Boylston. We’ve had a blast putting this night on, but need a break from it for the summer.

We’re excited to close this party down with many of our friends, some of whom have joined us at 711 before. Tomorrow night, scheduled to share the decks with us are the following (are you sitting down?):

Andrew Newcombe

Buddha Dharma

Chaser

Dan Costa

Fester

Joe Mama

Josh Carl

Todd Reeves

Walt Zink

Plus many more,

And of course your bon-voyage-bidding hosts Todd Hanna, Phil Jakob and Mike Hoska.

To state the obvious, we know it’s pretty ridiculous to have so many DJs @ 711, but that’s the point, it’s supposed to be funny and fun. Let me say it right now - thank you all the guys listed above for your support and friendship, and for sharing your talents with us, we’re sincerely appreciate it and look forward to this last 711 romp.

Oh, and we’d love to have a couple non-DJs come down too. ;)

Thursday, June 5th

711 Boylston Street, Boston

6pm to 11pm

21 plus

NO COVER UNTIL 10PM

Play1.jpg

Originally posted by kaydup

I can handle it, it is just that my mixing is far superior to the trainwrecking u all call mixing

I like to call it sneakers in the dryer.

I am having some big time issues right now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to 711 tonight:( . I got home from Toast last night, a little after 2:00 (now mind you I have to get up at 7:30 for work), only to find out my room was flooded:mad: :mad:! Apparently, my a/c was in the window at a funny angle, and it was raining so hard that the water was draining into my room instead of outside! Of course my bed is right next to the window where my a/c is, so it's soaked, along with my area rug, and some stuff on my nightstand. I was up until about 4:30 trying to clean/dry my room, when I decided it was time for bed. My bed was soaked, so I had to sleep on the couch in the living room. I go out to the living room, kick the dog off the couch (did I mention I'm alergic to dogs), and go to sleep. I woke up a 1/2 hour before I was supposed to be at work, which would be great, except for the fact that on a good day, it takes me an hour and fiffteen minutes to get there:mad: . So let's recap, my rug is soaked, my bed is soaked, and I was over an hour late for work today. I don't think I'll be making it tonight. I think I have to go home and finnish drying my room and clearing out all the crap that got ruined.:no:

Originally posted by unclefester401

I like to call it sneakers in the dryer.

I am having some big time issues right now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to 711 tonight:( . I got home from Toast last night, a little after 2:00 (now mind you I have to get up at 7:30 for work), only to find out my room was flooded:mad: :mad:! Apparently, my a/c was in the window at a funny angle, and it was raining so hard that the water was draining into my room instead of outside! Of course my bed is right next to the window where my a/c is, so it's soaked, along with my area rug, and some stuff on my nightstand. I was up until about 4:30 trying to clean/dry my room, when I decided it was time for bed. My bed was soaked, so I had to sleep on the couch in the living room. I go out to the living room, kick the dog off the couch (did I mention I'm alergic to dogs), and go to sleep. I woke up a 1/2 hour before I was supposed to be at work, which would be great, except for the fact that on a good day, it takes me an hour and fiffteen minutes to get there:mad: . So let's recap, my rug is soaked, my bed is soaked, and I was over an hour late for work today. I don't think I'll be making it tonight. I think I have to go home and finnish drying my room and clearing out all the crap that got ruined.:no:

Right...the 'air conditioner' soaked your bed and room. That's a cute nickname you gave your girlfriend.

Originally posted by groovefire

Right...the 'air conditioner' soaked your bed and room. That's a cute nickname you gave your girlfriend.

That's funny... I always called Fester's girlfriend the vacuum cleaner.

(sorry, adding insult to injury probably isn't helping, huh?)

What is it? Ebay is blocked on my computer at work.

Here's the text from it:

I don't have enough space here to tell the complete story behind this, so I will briefly go over it. Back in the early 1980's, while out metal detecting, I came across and old abandoned cemetery with the foundation of a homesite or Church or something nearby. While searching around the foundation, my detector indicated there was something in the ground close by the southwest corner of the foundation. After digging down about 2 feet my shovel struck a wooden box that had nearly rotted out. The metal hinges and hasp were about all that was left of it. I thought I had discovered a fortune! Boy, did that ever turn out to be wrong!! There were 2 jars and an old journal in the box. The jars had some strange writing and symbols on them. While getting the jars out of the ground, I dropped one and it broke. A black mist or something seeped out of it. I should have known something was wrong right then and covered the find back up but being young and foolish I didn't. I left the broken jar with what looked like a candle in it there where it fell and took the other one (see the pictures) and the old journal home. What I was able to read in the journal before the pages crumbled made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! That night, I had my first visit from what I can only describe as "The Black Thing". While lying in bed, this "thing" fell on me and it felt like I was being pushed down thru the bed and the floor, into a pit if you will! I struggled with it and managed to somehow escape its clutches. Since that time, I have been attacked twice more and both times the unopened jar was in the close vicinity. I and others have caught fleeting glimpses of a black shadowy thing out of the corners of our eyes as it would pass from one room to another. I finally talked to someone who is versed in these things and was told that the only way to rid myself of this thing was to pass the unopened jar on to someone else. Therefore, I am offering to you, if you dare, the "Ghost in the Jar". With it I am sure you will be getting the "Black Thing" also. If you are brave enough to want this, bid to your hearts desire! I am going to start the bidding at 99.00 and put a rather high reserve on it so only those with a real desire and want to will be able to purchase it! What you will recieve for your money is the jar pictured along with some of the original black and white photos depicted here and others. You will also recieve a complete written version of everything from the original finding of the jars and to the best of my recollection what was contained in the old journal. I will also tell you what I was able to find out about this from the person who told me to pass it on. Be advised that once you buy this it is yours and I will have nothing ever again to do with it! ALL SALES ARE FINAL! You must contact me within 24 hours of the close of the sale to make payment arrangements and to arrange for delivery which the buyer is liable for. This can NOT be shipped thru the Post Office. Either UPS or pay me to deliver it! Payment must be made within 7 days of the close of the auction. P.S. As to the photos running with this, please note the one with the what looks like figures in them at the cemetery. I discovered this after turning them in to be processed. I WAS ALONE AT THE CEMETERY THAT DAY! This too will be gone over in the written "Diary" which comes with the purchase. Remember, DON'T bid unless you are seriously wanting to own this as I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS ONCE THE TRANSACTION IS COMPLETE!

What is it? Ebay is blocked on my computer at work.

Never mind - groovefire beat me to it -here's the bidding information though :laugh: .......

Ghost In A Jar! No Joke Serious Inquiry Only

Item # 2931457201

Everything Else:Weird Stuff:Totally Bizarre

Everything Else:Metaphysical:Psychic, Paranormal

Current bid US $14,100.00 (reserve met) Starting bid US $99.00

Quantity 1 # of bids 67 Bid history

Time left 5 hours, 7 mins +

Location ARKANSAS

Country United States

Started May-26-03 17:51:39 PDT Mail this auction to a friend

Ends Jun-05-03 17:51:39 PDT Watch this item

Featured Plus! Auction

Seller (rating) teajay101( 124)

Feedback rating: 124 with 100% positive feedback reviews (Read all reviews)

View seller's other items | Ask seller a question | Safe Trading Tips

High bidder al_alligator( 14)

Payment ******, or money order/cashiers check.

******: Fast, easy, secure payment. Learn More.

Use Anything Points at ******! Learn more.

Shipping Buyer pays for all shipping costs. Seller ships internationally (worldwide).

i-1_B.JPG

Originally posted by groovefire

Note the current bid: $14,000. WTF?!? :eek::laugh:

That's ok - at one point it was up to $25,000.

WARNING: Any one else interfering with this legitimate auction in any way, such as astronomical bids, high bids with bid retraction, or in any other form, will be subject to not only action from Ebay due to rules violation, but are also in violation of Federal Trade Laws concerning interstate commerce. ALL such attempts will be turned over to the FBI for criminal investigation!

:laugh:

Did you happen to look under that category after??? Some guy put up this one....

Ghost in my Pants!!! Captured - In a Jar

Item # 2933192778

Everything Else:Metaphysical:Psychic, Paranormal

Current bid US $0.06 Starting bid US $0.01

Quantity 1 # of bids 2 Bid history

Time left 6 days, 10 hours +

Location Keller, Texas

Country/Region United States /Dallas-Fort Worth

Started Jun-04-03 23:23:38 PDT Mail this auction to a friend

Ends Jun-11-03 23:23:38 PDT Watch this item

Seller (rating) sjcat@1scom.net( 30)

Feedback rating: 30 with 100% positive feedback reviews (Read all reviews)

View seller's other items | Ask seller a question | Safe Trading Tips

High bidder obelix@speakeasy.org( 106)

Payment ******, or see item description for payment methods accepted.

******: Fast, easy, secure payment. Learn More.

Use Anything Points at ******! Learn more.

Shipping Buyer pays for all shipping costs. Will ship to United States only.

Seller services Sell similar item

Description

One day I was in this spooky old library doing research on the occult. I had run across some Celtic runes in an old book I wanted to check out so I typed them in on one of the old computers they had there. I now believe those computers were haunted - and heres why....

The runes were as follows: PA MEL AAN DER SON I have no idea what these mean - I still don't to this day because what happened next was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. The search I entered turned up some pictures of a naked blond girl with huge boobies (apparently the runes didn't have any internet matches).

Well anyway - all of a sudden when I saw the pictures some insanely huge THING appeared in my pants. I hit it, and beat it, and whacked the heck out of it. I knew some old demon-releasing rituals and I said them as I tried to beat the ghost down in my pants. It left after a while - but deposited some disgusting sticky residue. I felt a really wierd surge of ghostly energy all through my body when the thing in my pants decided to leave.

I took the pants home, and put them in a jar and sealed it with lots of protective spells written on it and such. I don't want this thing in my house and I sure don't want my mom to find it!!!!

Since then I have been visited in my dreams by this same woman - and I have a recurring nightmare of the ghost reappearing again, and me doing battle with it - and I wake up in a big mess of sticky stuff.

Please take this curse away from me!!!

:laugh:

Originally posted by whadupg

Did you happen to look under that category after??? Some guy put up this one....

Ghost in my Pants!!! Captured - In a Jar

Item # 2933192778

That’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen, totally something one of us would do. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Item # 2933255588

“Ghost in a jar Overnight Travel Kit" with NO RESERVE!

For when your Ghost in a jar wants to go along with you on your overnight hotel stays (as every ghost does!) Why not get him or her there very own overnight travel kit???

This travel kit includes everything you see here in the photograph below! (The seller richardkelli reserves the right to substitute brands and or accessories included with the travel kit as necessary)

“Ghost In A Jar Travel Kits” are EXCELLENT for over the road truckers who want to bring there ghosts along for the ride! They are also great when you want to take your ghosts for trips to Arkansas to visit the birthplace of “The Original Ghost In A Jar”!!!

Winning bidder will receive the “Ghost In A Jar Overnight Travel Kit” that includes 2 “Ghost In A Jar Travel Jars” (may be Ball or Atlas canning jars… depends on what we have laying around). One jar is for the “Black Mist” should he (or she) decide to come along. The Ghost In A Jar Travel Kit will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. The shipping and handling charges include postage, packaging materials costs, and shipping insurance. Shipping and Handling will be $8.00

“Ghost In The Jar Overnight Travel Kits” are sold “As Is” and “Where Is”. Positive feedback will be left for the buyer for prompt payment. Payment is to be made via money order only. NO personal checks. NO ******.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a spoof auction on the “Original Ghost In A Jar” up for auction on eBay. If someone ACTUALLY sends us money for the “Ghost In A Jar Overnight Travel Kit” we will be happy to ship you what you see in the photograph below! (seller reserves the right to substitute brands and or accessories included with the overnight jars)

This auction text and photographs are copyright © 2003 by eBay user richardkelli and may not be used without permission.

i-1_B.JPG