Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Its offcial: Club Space is the best place to do drugs..

Guest saleen351

Saleen, that's like 2 weeks old. Look at this week's issue for the Space response.

Besides, The New Times sucks as far as their night life coverage...they don't know shit.

Street always has excellent nightlife columns...though there's some hack with a 10D taking their nightlife photos nowadays...damn weirdo.

i couldnt agree more with you, POD (BTW the photos from the Roof are fantastic!!)

new times has got to be one of the worst newspapers in terms of coverage (Level the best nightclub????). they did the same thing to the old Living Room after-hours club review........instigating stuff ....same thing with Crobar and the alleged Britney Spears incident in the ladies room...enough already??!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Saleen, that's like 2 weeks old. Look at this week's issue for the Space response.

Besides, The New Times sucks as far as their night life coverage...they don't know shit.

Street always has excellent nightlife columns...though there's some hack with a 10D taking their nightlife photos nowadays...damn weirdo.

i don't read the dade one, only browse the hooker section in the broward one...

like i said, i didn't say it was right or wrong, just for the people to decide...

though could you post the space response for us?

Originally posted by norahmiami

i couldnt agree more with you, POD (BTW the photos from the Roof are fantastic!!)

new times has got to be one of the worst newspapers in terms of coverage (Level the best nightclub????). they did the same thing to the old Living Room after-hours club review........instigating stuff ....same thing with Crobar and the alleged Britney Spears incident in the ladies room...enough already??!!

Not a problem :) Thanks for the opportunity...

I can understand an editiorial approach to a nightlife column. It would be great actually, if some anonymous scenester did a weekly column of sorts on good and bad stuff...call him or her the Gila Monster (legend has it the Gila Monster hid behind rocks and saw everything...)i.e. if he or she had a bad time at crobar, it would be printed...but what the New Times is doing is just agitation tactics.

Space did pull their ads though...

Nobody ever accused the New Times of being brilliant. They do well when they tackle social issues, they really don't need to stick their noses into entertainment issues.

They're so behind too...they still think space plays trance

To be honest I thought Space's reply was very calm and controlled considering the circumstances.

I don't understand why New Times have to be so negative about Miami nightlife. To create a category specifically to highlight one club as having a drug issue is either extremely vindictive or extremely stupid.

All I ever see is doom and gloom in New Times - what ever happened to having pride in your city and its entertainment? I'm originally from the UK, and although we have a great scene, most clubbers would give their right arm to have a venue like Space; or Maze, or Crobar, or Level, or Opium Garden for that matter. Check the reviews of WMC if you don't believe me.

Aside from NYC, I struggle to think of another city which has such a wealth of great venues, and sees as much talent as we do. Can't we just enjoy it?

They're just looking to boost their circulation it seems by writing overly negative and scandalous articles...nothing wrong with writing the truth, but putting a negative spin on it is bad...not that what they write is 100% true anyway..they act like Miami is dead or something..their recent nightlife articles have all been negative...from their jab at Space, to an earlier article entitled "the dry and dreary nightlife", about some long-forgotten party promoter...they want the days of old, where the beach was a rich person's playground only...

at least oscar g won best resident dj!!!!!:rolleyes:

how come there is no post giving congrats to one of the most talented and influential dj's in our city!!!???

I also disagree w/ the new times... what about all the people who dont know better, theyll think we are fukin addicts!!!:mad:

although we are addicts, just not to drugs!!!;) and i believe i speak for most of us on this board!!!

and let's not all be stupid- what was in that article is particularly true about space. as one of the biggest supporters of space from the very beginning, it is certainly THE place to party, and when i say party i mean it in the substance-induced kind of party.

CONTRARY TO THE SPACE RESPONSE proffered by their obviously worthless attorney:

1. space is open on fridays...hint, just check their roster.

2. space does play trance- hello, tiesto? pvd? wake up retards, err, drop another roll...check the roster again!

and oh, by the way, here is a pic of their attorney-

Skypig-250-128-ANI.gif

Originally posted by Shadowz

and let's not all be stupid- what was in that article is particularly true about space. as one of the biggest supporters of space from the very beginning, it is certainly THE place to party, and when i say party i mean it in the substance-induced kind of party.

CONTRARY TO THE SPACE RESPONSE proffered by their obviously worthless attorney:

1. space is open on fridays...hint, just check their roster.

2. space does play trance- hello, tiesto? pvd? wake up retards, err, drop another roll...check the roster again!

and oh, by the way, here is a pic of their attorney-

Skypig-250-128-ANI.gif

Great ! perpetuate the stupidity exemplified by the new times. balanced journalism or smear campaign? any moron with half a brain can distinguish between the same

they are open on Friday’s for special events only, in which they feature mostly trance dj’s and hopefully tech soon. they haven’t been open on a regular basis, on Friday’s for over a year now. obviously the reporter never took the time, to do any research at all. thus I would suspect his little article, has its foundation based on hear say rather then facts.

the article would make it seem, as though space is the only place, where people get jacked up. the reality of it all is; people get jacked up at space, crobar, level, etc. so why be so bias and single out one venue, with in accurate information, and attract unnecessary attention?