Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CANCELED again LAURENT GARNIER

CANCELED again LAURENT GARNIER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I literally feel sick to my stomach.

I just received a call from France, in broken English, about problems with the American Embassy. Details are very sketchy and I am awaiting word from the American agent and an official press release but the date has again been canceled.

All I know is that the American Embassy is making it incredibly difficult to acquire a French US Work Visa by doing FBI background checks, asking about training/education about biological/nuclear/terrorist activities and asking for additional paperwork generally reserved for people from places such as Iraq, Iran, and Afganistan. Political? I don't know. Pissed? Hell yes I am.

Why are we just finding out about this? I don't know. I do have first hand knowledge about foreign US Work Visas as I was behind numerous LTJ Bukem tours in the states and know personally that most visas aren't approved until the last minute, however there are some major miscommunications here as the promoter shouldn't be told the day of the show AGAIN that the date is falling through.

I know that a lot of people are pissed, rightly so, you have been cheated twice, but imagine how we feel. We have wasted time, energy and a shit load of money on promotion and advertising not ONCE but TWICE. We can't recoup that time or money, it is GONE with nothing to show for it.

I have been throwing parties for 7 years now and after close to 100 shows I have only had one other artist cancel last minute (Darren Emerson) and the makeup event was scheduled for 3 weeks later. The Crescent Room mgmt (who also ran 1150 until Dec) has only had 1 other show cancel in their tenure (Jeno from pneumonia). I am saying this because unfortunately, even though this visa shit has nothing to do with us, it is our reputation on the line (AGAIN) for promoting this show.

Will we schedule another makeup? I am not sure. I mean it is my understanding that Laurent is just as stressed as us as his reputation in the US in on the line and it's not like he just isn't showing up, but on the other hand... 2 cancellations in a row, if we rebooked the show, would anyone get hyped again and even talk about coming out?

I spoke briefly with Byron this morning, the night will go on like last month, free entry all night and free beer for the earlier part of the night. Hopefully most local folk will find out about this in advance to avoid inconvenience, however for those who have traveled great distance for this show and are already in Atlanta, please find either myself (Jennifer) or Byron @ the show so we can work something out for you. We will be giving away some FREE passes for Deep Dish for the Saturday show all night and Greg Adamson will still be performing in his usual kick ass style.

I will post more on this later, just wanted to get the word out as soon as possible. Questions or concerns, please email me at pleazure@pleazure.net

Sorry, it is official as most of you know, Laurent Garnier will not be making it to the states this weekend. You can review the reason why at http://www.laurentgarnier.com/. Instead we will be having another great DJ, David Waxman. Also $10 guestlist admission will be honored till 2 AM, and ladies on the list will be free before 11:30 PM.

Details at http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164982 .

And in addition to make it better, we have Pete Tong at Centro-fly on Tuesday for only $5. I'll post up the details soon, or you can checkout www.broidy.com for the details.

Again, I apologize for this inconvenience, I am just as dissapointed about it as you.

Regards,

Broidy

can't say i care less about checking out laurent, but i am very pleased (and surprised) to see this kind of consideration shown towards the clubbers/fans... very professional, and it's a breath of fresh air to see that kind of respect exhibited from the promotional company towards the ticket-buying public... not only would it be nice to see other promoters follow your lead, but Waxman is pretty sick nonetheless... seven thumbs up (Simpsons referral) to you from this drunk tweakin German gabba monsta at 4:15am from his Kweenz Krakkhaus... ;)