Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Code last night

Gotta say - I was very very impressed. Rolled in around 11:30pm..got my $5 off, and entered Nation again after a long time. Dan Sampson I thought spun a very good opening set. It seemed Deep Dish arrived a bit late, but did spin all night long. There were some points in the night where the music wasn't exactly "my cup of tea" but overall the set was good. The last hour or so was pretty bangin. We left around 6am and Sharam (I think was playing an encore). THe crowd was very into the music as were the DJs - haven't had a night like this at Nation in a long time, even when Buzz was open.

Of course, the night wouldn't have been what it was without the company of my friends! :)

And I guess the subwoofer bins in the center make a big difference because the system sounded pretty damn good.

Still a bit cracked out, so this post isn't exactly my most coherent one.

Whats everyone doing tonite?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta agree. Deep Dish was fantastic last night, especially loved the way they closed out the night. Everyone was SO into the last couple of songs they played. And I know it's total sacrilege, but I actually really like when they drop Clocks.

(Go ahead... I'm ready for the :flame: )

It was great seeing everyone last night (this morning??).

Destination.......?

Deep Dish was pretty tight, it was my first time seeing them. What I expected to hear from them was a total opposite from what I did hear from them, overall good music...execpt for that wack track that Sharam played with the girl talking about something for like 30 seconds...I thought that kinda was weird, I guess it's true when people say "different strokes for different folks"... but overall it was pretty phat...now to go light that j that was sitting in my pocket all last night...haha:D

looked like todd was REALLY enjoying last night...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dcsglow

Deep Dish was pretty tight, it was my first time seeing them. What I expected to hear from them was a total opposite from what I did hear from them, overall good music...execpt for that wack track that Sharam played with the girl talking about something for like 30 seconds...I thought that kinda was weird, I guess it's true when people say "different strokes for different folks"... but overall it was pretty phat...now to go light that j that was sitting in my pocket all last night...haha:D

looked like todd was REALLY enjoying last night...:rolleyes:

their cd's usually suck. there's an 8hr set of them on soulseek from december of last year thats pretty good.

True to their hit or miss pattern with me, Deep Dish was okay last night. They were off & on and when they finally stayed on I was too tired from stopping & starting all night :(

I did have a great time though! It was good to see so many faces out.

EMC rawked the front room. It was so nice to have so much room to dance around!

Question of the night: So what's your fascination w/ pgiddy?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG kids, NOTHING! I just like giving him a hard time on the board because he never comes out. I've never even met the kid! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey,

Thanks for the compliment Raver_mania - I felt pretty good on the night. the crowd seemed into it, and excited for the arrival of DD.

I considered playing 'Castles In The Sky' in honor of the 1223 crowd, but thought better of it.....:-)

Cheers

Dan

hey raver, tini, & crew: tried to find you, would have loved to see you guys and meet more of the peeps! sorry i missed the meet-up, got there after and didn't see you guys after?! i had fun, definitely a good b-day celebration. no doubt it is DEF not buzz and nothing will be. but i had fun :)

1. danced my ass off on the patio for a bit -- who was spinning out there again/when?

2. did anyone else catch that "ladies with an attitude" loop "vogue" track? i know, big cheese, madonna. potentially dumb question, but anyone have an id for it?

good b-day celebration overall :D :D happy rest of wkend!

I had a blast. It was one of those magically euphoric nights... :rolleyes:

kkkkkkken & moto - gggggood to meet you ggggggguys. Ken - You were right. Your story on how you got your name was not worth it. I feel like I wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to it. I wish you really did have a stuttering problem, it would make things much more interesting. ;)

Tini - You disappeared on me. I bought you water like I promised and held onto it for at least half an hour. I finally gave in and drank it myself. :D

Raver & Runner - You puddles reminded me why I only roll as a last resort. :laugh:

Jimijack was there!

Cookie - I've never seen a chick suck on the pipe and snort on the bullet as well as you do. Can I still kidnap you to get you to stay? ;):tongue::kiss2: PS. Mmmmmmmm.... pineapple baskin robbins..... :drool::D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

kkkkkkken & moto - gggggood to meet you ggggggguys. Ken - You were right. Your story on how you got your name was not worth it. I feel like I wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to it. I wish you really did have a stuttering problem, it would make things much more interesting. ;)

Tini - You disappeared on me. I bought you water like I promised and held onto it for at least half an hour. I finally gave in and drank it myself. :D

Raver & Runner - You puddles reminded me why I only roll as a last resort. :laugh:

Jimijack was there!

Cookie - I've never seen a chick suck on the pipe and snort on the bullet as well as you do. Can I still kidnap you to get you to stay? ;):tongue::kiss2: PS. Mmmmmmmm.... pineapple baskin robbins..... :drool::D

Oh yeah. The music was right on, too. Dan dropped some nastiness and Ali was on the money for me. Didn't make it past Ali, but I had my fill of good beats by then.

Originally posted by dansampson

Hey,

Thanks for the compliment Raver_mania - I felt pretty good on the night. the crowd seemed into it, and excited for the arrival of DD.

I considered playing 'Castles In The Sky' in honor of the 1223 crowd, but thought better of it.....:-)

Cheers

Dan

it was good to meet you (again). we'll hopefully see you around soon. :)

jenn

Originally posted by rockyblue

decadence? you mean destination? you obviously didn't get enough sleep. :laugh:

yeah, my ride is on his way. ugh. i wanna stay home. :(

holy shit, your right. destination. mah bad. back to bed. :laugh:

:zzz:

I had a fooking good time guys, danced my ass off & finally got a chance to meet most of you. I got home by like 5:30 & it took me over an hour to go to sleep :rofl::pint::drunk:

emc rawked the front room, DD was good, overall I felt that it was a good crowd. KKen was a bit enhibriated when I dropped him off back @ Crank's place, I hope that he made it home ok.

Tonite heading over to Home, a buddy of mine promotes there & he said that the DJ in the attic will be spinning some good deep house/progressive so I'm gonna check it out (already ingesting copious amounts of red bull to cope w/the 3 hrs of sleep that I had this AM).

What are you peeps doing? :D

Originally posted by moto

I had a fooking good time guys, danced my ass off & finally got a chance to meet most of you. I got home by like 5:30 & it took me over an hour to go to sleep :rofl::pint::drunk:

emc rawked the front room, DD was good, overall I felt that it was a good crowd. KKen was a bit enhibriated when I dropped him off back @ Crank's place, I hope that he made it home ok.

Tonite heading over to Home, a buddy of mine promotes there & he said that the DJ in the attic will be spinning some good deep house/progressive so I'm gonna check it out (already ingesting copious amounts of red bull to cope w/the 3 hrs of sleep that I had this AM).

What are you peeps doing? :D

obviously i still need some sleep. so this is what i'll be doing ---> :zzz: :zzz:

Originally posted by dansampson

Hey,

Cheers

Dan

wooooah, dan sampson is on cp? good set last night, very energetic and seamless, thumbs up.

Originally posted by moto

I did indeed get home ok, thanks for driving man! And I did indeed run into my new roommate at Code last nite, so it wasn't all an alcohol induced dream. He also told me he has regular hookups for party favors...

I think Satan is watching over me. ;)

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

B]

Yeah, see, I told you. Hell I feel like I wasted 2 minutes of my life just telling that stupid story. From now on, anyone asks: Fish Called Wanda.

Deep Dish tore the f*ckin roof off the place last night! Completely bangin with hardly any housey tracks....mostly pitched up prog house. Danced my friggin ass off...

Ali Played

Randall Jones & Mara - 1974

Rock your body (SK mix)

Wish you were here (lex ave mix)

Creamer - Forget the people

all in a row...great lil set

Then Sharam fuckin hammered us for 2 hours straight...NUTS!

one of my better nights, but I had to really try to ignore some of the people there...def not a buzz feel. the music was on though.

Originally posted by kken

I did indeed get home ok, thanks for driving man! And I did indeed run into my new roommate at Code last nite, so it wasn't all an alcohol induced dream. He also told me he has regular hookups for party favors...

I think Satan is watching over me. ;)

Glad to hear you made it home safely & most excellent to find out that your roomate digs the scene & will partake on the candy! :afro::devil: