Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's Monday!

groovefire

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Where are you going in Italy?

Going to Positano, on the Amalfi Coast. My aunt’s getting married there, so it’s a family vacation, but girlfriends are coming, so it’ll definitely be a good time. I leave Wednesday, return Tuesday night.

But we’re at 33 tomorrow night, and with no work for a week, I plan to be in rare form. Anyone down?

Originally posted by groovefire

Going to Positano, on the Amalfi Coast. My aunt’s getting married there, so it’s a family vacation, but girlfriends are coming, so it’ll definitely be a good time. I leave Wednesday, return Tuesday night.

But we’re at 33 tomorrow night, and with no work for a week, I plan to be in rare form. Anyone down?

You're going to be the death of me :tongue: How was Saturday in Newport??

Originally posted by whadupg

How was Saturday in Newport??

Nothing can ever just be perfect. At Foxwoods, we had that stupid steel drum band?!? Saturday, we get to the club to find out they’re doing a local comedy show and they’re running late and eat into our time. And the only thing that was funny about this comedy show was that the only people in attendance were the performing comics. Not a single person off the street. Retarded. Best part had to be that while one dude was doing his routine, Phil inadvertently turned off his mike. Now THAT was funny.

Once we got going, it was good. The club was at capacity for the majority of the night, albeit mostly dudes, but whatever. Since it was pouring out, we (and the club) were absolutely thrilled with the turnout and the reception we got for our music. The manager, a guy who was VERY apprehensive about booking us and having an all house music night, was all compliments and actually offered to give us more money than we asked for at the next show. I assure you, that never happens.

We’re really looking forward to playing there again on July 5th. Hopefully it will feel like summer by then. ;)

Originally posted by groovefire

Nothing can ever just be perfect. At Foxwoods, we had that stupid steel drum band?!? Saturday, we get to the club to find out they’re doing a local comedy show and they’re running late and eat into our time. And the only thing that was funny about this comedy show was that the only people in attendance were the performing comics. Not a single person off the street. Retarded. Best part had to be that while one dude was doing his routine, Phil inadvertently turned off his mike. Now THAT was funny.

Once we got going, it was good. The club was at capacity for the majority of the night, albeit mostly dudes, but whatever. Since it was pouring out, we (and the club) were absolutely thrilled with the turnout and the reception we got for our music. The manager, a guy who was VERY apprehensive about booking us and having an all house music night, was all compliments and actually offered to give us more money than we asked for at the next show. I assure you, that never happens.

We’re really looking forward to playing there again on July 5th. Hopefully it will feel like summer by then. ;)

How's the room setup & the sound system? and mostly dudes is ok with me :D

Originally posted by whadupg

mostly dudes is ok with me :D

Phil too actually. ;)

This club is awesome, seriously. The club is way up high, and has the most amazing views of Newport. There are basically 2 rooms, a front lounge room, with no music at all, and the back club, which has a good size dancefllor, stages and a little VIP section. The booth is good, sound is okay, a bit muffled, but suitable. You’ll dig it.