Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyis4meatheads

How was your weekend?

Mine was pretty good. Had my brother's high school graduation, so that meant a lot of driving, but no big deal.

Saturday at Avalon was actually a good time. We had the table next to the table next to the DJ booth, which was cool. The Sex & the City thing MADE the night though! Get this... my friend Mike would walk around on the dance floor looking for girls. Once he found one he'd explain to her that he was casting for Sex & the City and ask if they were interested in applying to be an extra. Once they agreed, he'd talk into his shirt like he had some spy-tech mic on him and look up to me in the booth on the balcony. I'd put my finger to my ear like I had an earpiece on and nod, and up he'd come with the girls :laugh: It gets better though, somehow we got our hands on actual applications to be a temp on Sex and the City (I have NO IDEA how they got these things)... so once they were up here, we'd have them fill them out. Then Mike would bring them over to my buddy Chad (it was his birthday), and he'd start grilling them with interview questions. "Ohhh, you don't have any experience, huh... well, we'll see what we can do." Within 20 minutes of doing this we had a group of at least half a dozen girls partying with us in the booth... genius I tell ya!

Aside from that the music was ok. The 'programming' was a bit off... Nailz played big songs before midnight (love story, Just Won't Do, that kind of thing) and it was just too early to get the floor moving. Once it started filling in it got better though, the last 20 minutes of his set was great... fun music to dance to, I enjoyed it. I actually think I like Saturdays better than Fridays... better crowd, fewer scrubs, very accessible tail :tongue:

After Avalon we went to News for food. Cool place to go after the clubs get out... picture Bickfords but with better (if not overpriced) food, a well dressed, clubby crowd and a bouncer. OK, so picture the exact opposite of Bickfords, but you get my drift.

friday - got some good bike time in, stayed in and slept.

sat - rain sux. started early, made some cash on the races, and went to a party to watch the fight. if anybody has hbo, watch the replay of the gatti fight this week, it is a must see. so brutal... it was beautiful.

sun - more bike, and tweaking, and more bike.

mine was ok.

friday night got really hammered at my friends place. nothing special.

saturday i had a really good time actually. went to a friends grad party. even though it was raining it was a blast. her big drunk irish family was fun as hell. at one point there was a 70 yearl old man from ireland playing flip cup on the guys team, and on the girls team they had an 8 year old girl playing with fruit punch. after a certain time it was all younger people, with lots of cute girls. went through 3 kegs and a trip to the liquor store. thank god i brought some gin.

sunday i relaxed and recovered.

Pretty boring weekend. Friday night stuck at local bars because I am missing my id (jess, todd or phil - please tell me I gave it to one of you to hold onto for me on Thursday night because that's the only thing I can think of) :(

Saturday went to a kick-ass indoor cookout up at the beach :rolleyes: If anyone wants it to rain, please just ask me to plan on being at a cookout or in nyc (I blame you nyis)

Sunday- Nice chill day - went to a friends, played some cards, made some food, had some drinks - even saw some sun at one point :cool:

Originally posted by whadupg

Saturday went to a kick-ass indoor cookout up at the beach :rolleyes: If anyone wants it to rain, please just ask me to plan on being at a cookout or in nyc (I blame you nyis)

Hey, I don't want to hear it! I got home Saturday morning to hear, "Hey, do you know your left front tire is flat?" So I spent my saturday afternoon fixing a flat in the pouring rain, then going to get it fixed. Just to salt the wound, it cost me $200. :mad:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Hey, I don't want to hear it! I got home Saturday morning to hear, "Hey, do you know your left front tire is flat?" So I spent my saturday afternoon fixing a flat in the pouring rain, then going to get it fixed. Just to salt the wound, it cost me $200. :mad:

Ouch - ok ok you win, but I still attribute this bullshit weather to you :tongue:

Originally posted by stymie

what model ferrari do u drive? :laugh:

:laugh: the grossly overpriced model.

Hey, the weather held out for me this weekend! It was awesome for the graduation on Friday and it didn't rain for the graduation party yesterday. That's all I could've asked for I guess.

I got so drenched on Saturday though. It was really pouring out.