Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RIAA goes after a 19 year old for piracy

aguy2go

wakeup: I hope you realize that the RIAA is infringing on your freedoms. He built a search engine... much like google. He didn't design it to trade mp3's but MP3's are an obvious application. What next will they shut down google??

What will it take for you to realize that contrary to what the RIAA is claiming... Napster has been the greatest technological breakthrough in the music industry. When Napster first came out music sales increased by 30%.

Napster helped popularize many different music forms and helped new artists (50Cent) make it in this business. Until the music industry figures out how to further capitalize on music sharing programs they are acting immoral in that they are preventing anyone from using this technology.

FREE THE MUSIC!!

Well that was a pretty fuckin intelligent addition to a forum. I was already pro-piracy (shit, i get to see movies before they come out in theatre AT HOME, for cheaper than the theatre) but that just reinforced my beliefs.

Originally posted by aguy2go

wakeup: I hope you realize that the RIAA is infringing on your freedoms. He built a search engine... much like google. He didn't design it to trade mp3's but MP3's are an obvious application. What next will they shut down google??

What will it take for you to realize that contrary to what the RIAA is claiming... Napster has been the greatest technological breakthrough in the music industry. When Napster first came out music sales increased by 30%.

Napster helped popularize many different music forms and helped new artists (50Cent) make it in this business. Until the music industry figures out how to further capitalize on music sharing programs they are acting immoral in that they are preventing anyone from using this technology.

FREE THE MUSIC!!

spare me the big brother and losing our rights BS, granted his program might not of been a file sharing program such as napster or what not as they were saying, but i did read a few other articles on this case and supposedly it had file sharing on it. i never said any of those programs werent a technological marvel, but what they do is ILLEGAL with trading COPYRIGHTED MUSIC, thats what cracks me up with u people. im all for it if they can find a way to do it legally with the consent of all parties involved, but that is no where in sight

Are you saying that because the music industry has their thumb in their *** we shouldn't be able to have file trading software?

Keep in mind that I trade lots of files a year (images, documents, code), things that are not copyrighted. Since it costs lots of $$ to include a clause in your software to prevent copyrighted data from being transferred the RIAA should provide us with an alternative file swapping piece of software or pay us to add the clause in our own software.

Taking the life savings of a pimple faced kid in College isn't going to help their case. It's wrong