Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got pulled over by a cop in Red Bank

I was out in Red Bank, at Downtown Cafe (local lounge/bar, cool place) to see Billy Hector, a blues guitarist do an acoustic set . . . I love his full band sets, and I wanted to hear him perform acoustic, so kick ass. I'm leaving the place around midnight after a set, get in the car, and about a minute and a half after driving away, a cop comes behind me and puts on the sirens . . .

Rewind a few hours to 8 o'clock, when I was at a local blood drive giving blood. I've given blood a bunch of times, like a gallon and a half (24 or so times), and I know that after giving blood, one beer gets me hammered. But if I'm driving, no way in hell I'm drinking, so when I was at downtown, I was drinking water.

. . .Back to the cop. He pulls up, says can I have your registration, license, insurance. . .I ask what's this about, and he walks away. . . I was going about 31 miles an hour, speed limit 30, no problems with the car. . .he comes back, and says step out of the car. I ask him, what did you pull me over for? He said, I pulled you over for suspected driving under the influence. I outright laughed at him, said "uhm, all I had to drink was water tonight. I gave blood earlier tonight, about oh 4 hours ago, and I've been drinking water since." "You're telling me that a big guy like you only had water at a bar?" "Yes, I did. If you want to give me a breathalyzer or something, feel free to do it, I haven't had a drop to drink in the last 24 hours." He looks at me, looks at my arm bandage, looks at my "Kiss me! I gave blood today" sticker, and says "Ok, sorry for pulling you over. Carry on." I get in the car, laugh, and drive on. . . great DUI stop, eh?

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Hes just doing his job.

Yea breaking balls!!

I got pulled over once down there about a minute after some jerkoff almost slammed into me when he decided to go straight while we were going around a curve...The cop starts asking me all these questions and then lets me go...after i did nothin wrong...These guys just randomly pull people over...Bunch of fuggin Matlocks down there