Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vasectomy

tastey

hey guys and gals,

i´m seriously considering this right now. right now (and for the next 10 years at leat, so i predict) i DO NOT want kids. to tell the truth, i am scared to death by the thought of having kids right now.

it costs time, money and energy

1) i am not WILLING to spend

2) i´m not ABLE to spend (still studying)

for those of you that don´t know what vasectomy is, it´s a surgical operation where the canal that carries your semen is cut. that means you still ejaculate (since only 2% of your ejaculate is actual semen, rest is proteins and other stuff) but a girl can´t possibly get pregnant by your ejaculate.

for example, my gf is currently on the shot (that´s like 99,99999% safe, safer than the pill), still i´m concerned that it CAN still happen (female friend of mine got pregnant TWO times while on the pill). and all the talk about abortion and stuff is fine. but when the situation actually is THERE, the decision of the female is statistically often different from what she said before.

so, i´m asking for suggestions and thoughts. maybe someone here has already done this. if there is someone like this i´d like him to comment here :)!

oh and btw, if you want to fix it again (if you want kids later on), it can be fixed by a small surgery.

How easy is it to reverse it?

Anyway my answer is NO- you're 20 years old. What if something went wrong? I mean yes the possibility may be small, but with ANY kind of medical procedure there is the chance of something going wrong- and that's not exactly an area you want to experience complications in.

And what if it all went fine and dandy, and ten, fifteen years down the road you decide to have kids... and the reversal procedure doesn't work out quite as planned...

I admit that I do not know a lot about vasectomies... however, that's two *unnecesary* procedures on your *genitals*... you might want to rethink this.

in the case the reversal fails and you STILL want kids on all costs you can have some of your sperm frozen before the operation.

see, i am sick of worrying about birth control, don't want to have to trust the woman, also female birth control methods tend to reduce the female sex drive. i don´t see it as "unneccessary" (=no reasons for it), see my reasoning above...

the vasectomy itself is a very small operation, no scalpel, no stiches. you can do it at the doctors office and walk home after.

the reversal is a little more complicated, but modern surgery reduces the risks to a minumum. OTOH there is always a risk in anything you do.

i´ll have to think about this and would love to hear more input from you people

Do you think that by doing this you will become more promiscuous as a result, since you won't have to worry about trusting other girls and having more random unprotected sex?

If the answer to the above question is yes................then I say, GO FOR IT!!!

Originally posted by tastey

yep :D

there is no difference. just that she can´t get pregnant any more from your jizz :)

Awesome, If its safe, reversible, and in expensive then I would say go for it. Just make sure there aren't any side effects like impotence or something along those lines.

Originally posted by ou812

Do you think that by doing this you will become more promiscuous as a result, since you won't have to worry about trusting other girls and having more random unprotected sex?

If the answer to the above question is yes................then I say, GO FOR IT!!!

dude, thats stupid. i would never (and have never) have unprotected sex with a girl i don´t know. and even IF i know her, if i´m not 100% sure she´s clean (=she has to do the test) i won´t fuck her without a condom

if she wants to do it without rubber the first night we met, i´m the first one that stands up and is out the door.

so please cut your wise ass comments, you don´t know me :aright:

Originally posted by tastey

in the case the reversal fails and you STILL want kids on all costs you can have some of your sperm frozen before the operation.

see, i am sick of worrying about birth control, don't want to have to trust the woman, also female birth control methods tend to reduce the female sex drive. i don´t see it as "unneccessary" (=no reasons for it), see my reasoning above...

the vasectomy itself is a very small operation, no scalpel, no stiches. you can do it at the doctors office and walk home after.

the reversal is a little more complicated, but modern surgery reduces the risks to a minumum. OTOH there is always a risk in anything you do.

i´ll have to think about this and would love to hear more input from you people

It's an elective procedure, which means that it is unnecessary.

And what if you went ahead with it... all went well... but the reversal didn't work. Ok, you have your frozen sperm as back up.. but when the drs attempt to use it for insemination, it turns out that your wife (or- whatever) has fertility issues. Not meaning that she is infertile- but these days it is not at all uncommon for a couple to have problems conceiving. Now, you're working on a limited supply... then what? You're screwed, basically.

It's not so far-fetched... you really have to think long and hard about everything that could possibly go wrong. I too am terrified by the thought of pregnancy... more so now that I'm older, because I don't feel that I could justify having an abortion now (if that's what I decided to do) as much as I could have when I was 18...

However I DO realize that the drive to reproduce is very strong, and that a few years down the road I might totally change my mind on the subject. You're much younger than I am... you could have changed your mind by the time you reach my age!

Just some food for thought...

There are 2 men in my office who have gotten their wives pregnant after they've had vasectomy's. I would look into to it a little further - I think it's only about 85-90% effective. Your girlfriend being on the shot/pill is probably a more effective form of birth control. The nice thing though is that it's 100% reversible, so if you change your mind in a few years, there shouldn't be a problem with making your guys swim again.

Guest jroo

""

what do you mean no scalpel?? lazers any better? from what i remember, they cut open your sack, find the tube that runs toward the tip of your penis that carries the sperm and cut it and knott both ends. so there is a break in the line of getting the swimmers out the door. and i would damn hell hope there were stiches involved. i wouldnt want my shit just laying open air drying.

I really must commend you for wanting to have control of reproductivity. You're obviously an intelligent and either considerate or untrusting guy (either way, good for you). It's time that guys took responsibility and control into their own hands

Age Should Not Rule Out Vasectomy Reversal

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - For couples who want to have a baby after the man has had a vasectomy, reversing the vasectomy offers a reasonable chance for pregnancy even when the woman is 35 or older, according to a new study.

_In Yahoo! Health

In this scenario, the chance for success is comparable to that of one cycle of a type of in vitro fertilization (IVF) in which sperm is directly injected into an egg, lead author Dr. Peter N. Kolettis, from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and colleagues note.

Besides reversing a vasectomy, another option for men who have gone under the knife is to have sperm extracted and then used to perform in vitro fertilization.

But Kolettis and his colleagues note that vasectomy reversal is less expensive than IVF. And by making it possible for couples to conceive naturally, it avoids the increased risk of multiple births that comes with IVF.

The findings, which are published in the June issue of The Journal of Urology, are based on a study of 46 couples that were trying to conceive. In each couple, the male partner had undergone vasectomy reversal and the female partner was at least 35. The average time between vasectomy and reversal was 10 years.

Of the 40 couples with adequate follow-up, pregnancy occurred in 14 (35 percent). Thirteen of these pregnancies were still ongoing or had been delivered by the end of the study.

Nearly half of women in their late 30s became pregnant after their male partner had his vasectomy reversed. But women in their 40s were much less likely to conceive. Just 14 percent became pregnant, according to the report.

The results suggest that "couples should not be eliminated from consideration for reversal simply because the female partner is 35 years old or older," the authors note.

However, "in our series there was only one live delivery for a women older than 40 years and, therefore, careful preoperative counseling is required for these couples," they add.

During a vasectomy, a surgeon cuts a small section out of each vas deferens, the tubes that carry sperm from the testes. The open ends of the tubes are then closed. The procedure can be reversed through a surgical procedure that restores the flow of sperm through the vas deferens.