Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Danceteria/Rocketeria still exist??

It feels like a million years ago, but it was in 1993, I guess... a boyfriend took me to see a band at Danceteria/Rocketeria. I only went the once & have no idea where it was located.

Does it still exist? If it does, where the heck is it? Does anyone have a phone # for the place?

Thanks much!

I believe it was 30 w 21st....same street as what cheetah and centro and justin's are on now...

I was pretty much a baby when it was around but for some reason I know this information ;)

Don't know what is there now, think it's just an office building or something?

Thanks for the answers, even if they weren't what I wanted to hear. I guess 10 years really is a long time, isn't it? Damn, how it flew...

I'm trying desperately to find an '80s music/dance place to have my sister's bachelorette party, and it seems like the only damn place in the city is Polly Esther's Culture Club. I wanted options, damnit! LOL I suddenly rememered that Danceteria was very '80s, at least the night I was there, so it was worth a shot.

Anyway, like I said, thanks. And if you happen to know of any clubs that DO play '80s music or have a fun '80s theme (aside from Culture Club), please let me know!

:D

the old danceteria spot is now an office building, I HIGHLY doubt it will ever open up as a club again.

Pete Schwinge(SchwingeP on CP) used to have his office in there and he said they still had graffiti and tags on the rooftop, Madonna's was up there from before she was discovered and i think he said one said Madonna + Jellybean...lol

I still want to go up there and check that out.

But seriously, i dont think it will ever reopen, it is a pretty nice office building now.

Originally posted by az-tec

the old danceteria spot is now an office building, I HIGHLY doubt it will ever open up as a club again.

Pete Schwinge(SchwingeP on CP) used to have his office in there and he said they still had graffiti and tags on the rooftop, Madonna's was up there from before she was discovered and i think he said one said Madonna + Jellybean...lol

I still want to go up there and check that out.

But seriously, i dont think it will ever reopen, it is a pretty nice office building now.

Pete told me the same madonna story :D

I def. want to check out the rooftop some day, that's pretty cool if the tags are still there...

Originally posted by sdeelite

Pete told me the same madonna story :D

I def. want to check out the rooftop some day, that's pretty cool if the tags are still there...

there were so many times when we all would be chilling there drinkin, listening to music and we all would be like were going up to look...and then we'd forget.

lol

its a shame he doesnt have that studio anymore...it was DOPEEEEEE and we never saw the roof :(

Originally posted by az-tec

there were so many times when we all would be chilling there drinkin, listening to music and we all would be like were going up to look...and then we'd forget.

lol

its a shame he doesnt have that studio anymore...it was DOPEEEEEE and we never saw the roof :(

Awe:(

Can't believe u guys forgot to look!

Now, there's got to be some way to get into that building...