Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did you guys check out the XLR article in motortrend?

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Seems the little Caddy is a sick car, they loved it.... move over 500 SL, the Americans are here!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

Seems the little Caddy is a sick car, they loved it.... move over 500 SL, the Americans are here!!!!!!!!!!!

American. Ew.

Well, maybe except for the old shelby cobras, mustangs and vettes. I'm talking 60's here.....THOSE are bad ass american cars.

the luxury of american cars just seems to fall behind that of audi/BMW/Mercedez... and IMO so does the build quality in most applications....

caddy fell off about 12 years ago... in the 80s they were the "HOT" thing... but now theres a lot of better cars out there...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by joeg

the luxury of american cars just seems to fall behind that of audi/BMW/Mercedez... and IMO so does the build quality in most applications....

caddy fell off about 12 years ago... in the 80s they were the "HOT" thing... but now theres a lot of better cars out there...

are you smoking crack? Caddy out sells your bmw, audi etc...

caddy = #1 in luxury car sales last year:idea: and there is a good reason for that. they are great cars...

quality is a myth... ask anyone who drives a bmw or audi, they are pieces if shit, and when they do break it costs twice as much to fix....

my neighbor has a vw, and its breaks once a week. my stang never broke down... and when it did, i could fix it for pennies...

Originally posted by saleen351

are you smoking crack? Caddy out sells your bmw, audi etc...

caddy = #1 in luxury car sales last year:idea: and there is a good reason for that. they are great cars...

quality is a myth... ask anyone who drives a bmw or audi, they are pieces if shit, and when they do break it costs twice as much to fix....

my neighbor has a vw, and its breaks once a week. my stang never broke down... and when it did, i could fix it for pennies...

1) its not "my" anything...

2) i didn't say anything about sales... nsync outsells just about everything, does that make it "quality"?

3) cars are relative to their owners... mustang owners are usually more mechanically inclined than the average fat,rich,white,suburban,50-year-old-tool who owns an audi.... my dsm went 110k miles being abused like a redheaded stepchild... because it was quality? comon now, mitsubishi?? because i knew how to take care of it...

i havent bought motortrend ever since the Matrix vs Protoge vs WRX road test

as for the XLR, i'm not sure. Cadillac has not been known for build quality, reliability, or resale values for several years.

better than the SL? well, considering that the XLR costs $25k less than the SL, its not suprising that it did well in the test. With the XLR's target demographic, however, that $25k in savings may not matter.

the XLR also has to compete with the XK8, Maserati, Lexus SC430, and Porsche 911 Carrera.