Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cancun

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think u will get sick from the food. i never ate outside of my hotel both times i was there and honestly i thought the food was great. theres a lot of american fast food places all over down there if ur worried about eating mexican food. theres also a number of argentinian steakhouses. argentinian beef is supposed to be really good but i didnt have the money for it (its somethin like $50 a meal at those places). and every nite i would always get a pizza from Papa John's. outside of cancun i would never think about eating that garbage but when ur piss drunk it will be the best pizza u ever had lol. its like $10 for a pie i think and $2 for a slice. u will see them on there motorscooters in front of ur hotel late nite every nite. they keep the pizzas hot and they give u a little cup of garlic sauce which is realy good. and if u give them like 6 bucks they will drive to the store and buy u a huge bottle of water. u will prob drink like 1/4 of it and put it in ur fridge for tomorrow.

if ur going to get sick down there it will probably be from the tap water (which includes the ice cubes they put in ur mixed drinks). i drank the tap water and mixed drinks all week this year and i only got diarreah once (on the plane ride home lol). but last year i didnt drink any tap water (i brought bottles of poland spring with me) and i had diarreah all week. i didnt drink any mixed drinks and even used poland spring on my toothbrush. so go figure lol. and dont go too Immodium-happy down there. one of my firends this year ate at least 2 Immodiums every day all week. he was fine in cancun but he ended up getting a virus. the whole week after we got home he couldnt get out of bed lol. u should be fine. just be safe

I don't think you can stay away from it. I have a stomach of steel and I still got sick. I didn't drink any tap water or have any mixed drinks at clubs. Drank beer and bought a bottle of my own hard alcohol and went that route. The worst thing about my trip to Cancun was the food. Absolute CRAP. The hole in the walls were crap, the hotel food was crap, the american places were crap, the water taste like the plastic bottle, the soda is flat, I was ready to kill myself pretty much. I think i lost like 10lbs when there. The only good place we ate at was Lorenzillos. Probably the best restaurant in all of cancun.

Good Luck!