Clubplanet Nightlife Community

real estate

Originally posted by dani672

does anyone on here have their real estate license??? or have any info on that???

my sister is getting her liscense this week.....she is in the last week of a 3 week course.......test at the end.......4 dayz a week.....9-3 each day.....fridays off......i think she is going through a company called maycomm (spelling may be off).....i will get more info later on if you want!!!

Dani,

You can try calling Meadowlands Real Estate School. The class is about 4 weeks long. I think it's around 350 dollars.

You can also try calling some real estate agencies. They offer free classes as long as you sign a contract to join them afterwards.

Just so you know, it's not cheap to be a real estate agent. Depending what agency you join, there are some hefty fees. You have to pay a monthly fee to the office, which ranges from 650 dollars to 1650 dollars. That depends what type of split you work out. You also have to pay your monthly fees to the GSMLS and NJMLS if you join them. (If you don't you can't look for or post listings) Then you have your advertising fees. Then there are the agency fees that have to paid yearly. i.e. Re/Max, Century 21, etc...

It's a tough gig. Most agents are sharks and will run you over if you're not very aggressive. Don't want to scare you, but you should know everything it takes to be involved.

hey dani frankie is rite it can get expensive being an agent, and u gotta be pretty aggressive or u aint gonna cut it

the coarse is pretty simple though nothing to worry about just make sure to take your state test as soon as u finish school or mite just forget what you learned

check with some agencies like he said above cause they do have deals and you must sign up with them afterwards, i work for century 21 and i know the deal they got is all u gotta pay for school is $100 normally $350 - $400 and then u gotta pay for your state test, last i checked that was $65

oh by the way u can go to school all over the place

a few i know:

kovats in maywood....near metro lounge (actually the same street as metro just about 2 miles down the road)

american school of bussiness (i think thats the name) they got one on 46 a little past willowbrook mall if u headed west and i think they got one in secaucus too i think its on paterson plank road near stilleto's and there must be a shitload of other places just look it up in the phone book or superpages.com or something like that im sure u will find one near you

i live in maywood.. have to check that out.. thanks you guys for all of your help... i usually work for my uncle down the shore for his real estate co... so i know how it is... but now i want to actually get my license and work up here... thank you again:)