Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~Dream Job~

iamme

Originally posted by sassa

don't ever compare me to stalin.......i hate that mo fo.

hitler was a sick fuck, but hey he had charisma...look at how he got a whole country to rally by his side and support his views...

of course, germany was in economic shit at the time, and he was promising the holy grail...so maybe that had a bit to do with it.

seriously....i want to be a lawyer specializing in international law...open my own NGO....which will only deal with aiding refugees and asylum seekers....minorities in hot spots around the world....(tibetans, north caucasians, palestinians, etc...)

That's a scary though.......you a lawyer! ;)

Originally posted by iamme

I've been thinking a lot about this lately since i've been working in the "real world" for a year now.

So here is my question:

What is your job right now, and what is your dream job/jobs...something that you would genuinely like doing for a long long time. (Income is not an issue here)

Ill start it up

NOW: Financial Advisor w/ American Express Financial Advisors

WOULD LIKE TO: Make animated movies ala Toy Story or Bugs Life

WOULD LIKE TO: Have my own graphic design company

WOULD LIKE TO: Be a creative in advertisements

WOULD LIKE TO: Create a story, whether for a movie, book, anything, that will captivate people like Star Wars, Matrix, Lord of the Rings, or The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King

:)

NZS

Wowee.. your "would like to" ones are so close to mine.. haha.. I've always wanted to do the FX for all the movies and stuff but I have no clue about computers..

But if I could do it, I would have loved to..

Right now I just wanna be a psychiatrist with my own practice and perhaps teach graduate school level on the side..

Originally posted by Codica3

Wowee.. your "would like to" ones are so close to mine.. haha.. I've always wanted to do the FX for all the movies and stuff but I have no clue about computers..

But if I could do it, I would have loved to..

Right now I just wanna be a psychiatrist with my own practice and perhaps teach graduate school level on the side..

:D

I think it would be alot of fun. Have you ever thought of going back to school to learn about computers/graphics?? Ive been throwing around the idea lately. Might as well do something you really like.

Isn't it pretty hard to start up your own practice. Especially a psychiatry practice?

:D

I think it would be alot of fun. Have you ever thought of going back to school to learn about computers/graphics?? Ive been throwing around the idea lately. Might as well do something you really like.

Isn't it pretty hard to start up your own practice. Especially a psychiatry practice?

Yeah it's hard to start up any kind of personal practice.. but remember, it's a dream job. ;)

And as far as the computer graphics and stuff.. when I was first going into college I was looking at it.. and they required all these portfolios and stuff.. and I didn't have any of it..

That pretty much destroyed that idea.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great job. Where I am having issues is whether i want to do this for the rest of my life, or even 10 more years. I put alot of sweat and blood into this job, I barely see anyone I care about anymore, I'm usually too tired to go out, and I'm only 22!

sixty hour work weeks are the best arent they??? forget your social life, and welcome to cp... i spend more time in my office than any other room, or building in my life... more than home, more than my any of my ex's, more than who knows where... but it all pays off... "...because being broke at thirty, gives this niggah the chills..." in any event... Which Amex are you working at i have a few friends in differnt offices...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

word on the street is that for Finance Positions , NYU grads are being turned away , they even say if ur not Ivy League dont bother applying .

a good friend of mine, childhood bestfriend even, recently graduated nyu, 3.5gpa major in finance, minor in computer science... applied to bloomberg, 3 out of the five bulge bracket firms, and is currently sending app's to bondhouses and for trader positions in DC... and he was turned down for all them... (soon to know how he stands with the DC prospects)

Originally posted by dgmodel

a good friend of mine, childhood bestfriend even, recently graduated nyu, 3.5gpa major in finance, minor in computer science... applied to bloomberg, 3 out of the five bulge bracket firms, and is currently sending app's to bondhouses and for trader positions in DC... and he was turned down for all them... (soon to know how he stands with the DC prospects)

its cutthroat out there...im glad i chose my field..id be assed out right about now

Originally posted by dgmodel

sixty hour work weeks are the best arent they??? forget your social life, and welcome to cp... i spend more time in my office than any other room, or building in my life... more than home, more than my any of my ex's, more than who knows where... but it all pays off... "...because being broke at thirty, gives this niggah the chills..." in any event... Which Amex are you working at i have a few friends in differnt offices...

60 hrs weeks have become the norm...my entire family think I'm insane for working like this - and are more SURPRISED than anything else. I have never worked so hard at anything in my life. It's a ridiculuos job that pays off very well in the long run....I just hope i dont lose my mind in the meantime :shaky:

I spend most of my time in the AEFA office in Baltimore/Owings Mills...I started off in the Rockville office and moved up here with my manager and FVP. WHo do you know?? Maybe I know them? Who do you work for by the way?

NS

if you want anything less than sixty hours, go to the gap, or mcd... put the time in now, so in five to ten years youll have something to sit and plenty of time to spend off... think about it what are you really missing??? in any event, i thought you were in the nyc area i do not know anybody in the MD area...