Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets Do This: Space Vs Space 34....

Guest saleen351

IF ONE HAD TO BE BLOWN UP, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU KEEP?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. IF ONE HAD TO BE BLOWN UP, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU KEEP?

• KEEP SPACE 34
    • KEEP OLD SPACE

Originally posted by pod

The Beach and Nocturnal will not have that 'underground' feel that so many of you are lusting after. The Beach has has a blindingly bright video wall that would send most of you into an epileptic fit based on your light sensitivity :laugh:, and Nocturnal actually has an underground feel to it, in it's current state (hehe)...but of course it's not going to have that if it is ever completed. Both clubs are big venues...i'm sorry but a 2,000 person nightclub is not underground.

Ummmmmm this thread is about Space and Space34; not the Beach and Nocturnal:rolleyes: :laugh:

Twilo was my favorite all time warehouse underground feelin' big club.(rip):D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lolahotass

Some people just have to get soooooooooo technical.......sheeze. :rolleyes: (you know I love ya pod;) )

I go to Space for OG, Roland, and Picotto - so I could really care less what the fuckin' club looks like.

But the old one still rulez in my book:D

I agree with you there on all accounts:

Too-Technical Pod

Going to a club for the DJ you WANT to hear.

And the old one still ruling.

:D

Originally posted by tranzwhore

speaking of longer parts...12"????? :laugh:

:laugh:

Sorry Pod, you just lose me sometimes. I guess since I don't know the specifics of all the different lights and crap:confused:, the figures you throw out just don't interest me. Honestly, it just either (a) puts me to sleep, or (B) I just scroll down past all the number mess, see if you actually wrote your opinion regarding the matter at hand...and continue along my merry way.

But that's just me.

So yeah, it might be nice that you've educated yourself in the lighting field...but it just doesn't tickle my pickle.

Sorry ;)

Originally posted by pod

Themrs:

Once you've been around these parts longer, you'll understand that technical is part of my nature. :)

Ask around about the infamous "sound engineering 101 posts"....

Actually Dan, we haven't had a good technical/engineering 101 session since AT got into it about Analog systems:laugh:

Originally posted by pod

The Beach and Nocturnal will not have that 'underground' feel that so many of you are lusting after. The Beach has has a blindingly bright video wall that would send most of you into an epileptic fit based on your light sensitivity :laugh:, and Nocturnal actually has an underground feel to it, in it's current state (hehe)...but of course it's not going to have that if it is ever completed. Both clubs are big venues...i'm sorry but a 2,000 person nightclub is not underground. Underground is a few blocks away at I/O Lounge.

But both the old Space and Space 34 have their upsides and downsides. I believe though that the upsides of Space 34 make it worthwhile.

I still do want to see the traffic problem solved though. :)

I am not comparing Nocturnal and The Beach to the “warehouse” appeal Space had nor am I suggesting this is what I’m expecting, I was merely asking because I wanted to know if and when they do open, if they’ll pose any kind of stiff competition to Space 34. I heard Nocturnal is an established club in Chicago. I went there a few years back but never heard of the club…

By the way are you this technical all the time? Just asking…

:confused:

The old Space definetly had a different vibe , and one in which I got used too .

Even though Space34 has been open for a few months already , I still think that im more or less "feeling my way around" the new place . Every Sunday morning that i get home , i bring with me another piece of the Space24 puzzle .

The Bathrooms , Patio is a big improvement though .

Maybe in the next few months of Saturday parties at Space34 , i might come up with a more accurate report .