Clubplanet Nightlife Community

an alternative to the smoking ban?

I always thought that a better solution than banning smoking outright would be to enforce a tobacco use license whereby if an establishment wanted to allow smoking, it would have to have

1) a designated smoking section

2) a set of code requirements for the smoking section that would define a minimum level of ventilation and air cleaning apparatus, which would make the air in the smoking section nearly as clear as the non-smoking section. ionizers are key to cleaning an airspace of smoke-sized particles, and theres no reason not to have them considering their relative inexpense and easy operation.

that way everybody can be happy. since the smoking ban, i've been relishing how I can come home from a night of clubbing and not stink of smoke, but at the same time i do like to enjoy the occasional cigarette while out drinking or dancing. with proper air cleaning systems in place, i think that i could have the best of both worlds.

thoughts?

eh who cares... the only thing that really sucks about the whole situation is that you cannot bring your drink outside so youre forced to pound drinks or leave them at the counter then return to find out theyve been cleaned up or etc... on the flipside due to the new smoking ban, i met a lot of new ppl... (keep in mind im not a smoker, just a person who enjoys an occassional cig with my drinks)