Are these DJ's done??????  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Are these DJ's done??????

• George Acosta is done??
    • David Padilla is Done??
    • both are done???
    • don't give a fuck???

Originally posted by tranzwhore

why is everyone in such a hurry to bury trance & it's dj's?

Hey don't assume! I'm not I know David and Have heard George play a couple of times so just wondering...

:rolleyes: not much has been heard of them lately.

Originally posted by tranzwhore

how am i assuming? it's a frick'n poll for christs sake.

Because you mentioned trying to put trance DJ's down.

I'm not Trance is my favorite type of music girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with Mattas now that I read his poll I think PVD is done too.

i thought george packed it in at maze a couple weeks ago

and didn't david close for tiesto? did anyone stick around for his set? if so, how was it? i would have to say their venues have passed on but their still hanging in there!

acosta & padilla both have been through ups and downs.

acosta is still pretty damn popular around the country, still able to sell lots of cd's if you know what i mean. his following im miami is what seems to be up and down.

padilla just isn't given enough respect and opportunities lately. they are both top-notch dj's. anyone who has been to shadow lounge or the mix know what i mean. so if you don't like anything BUT house, then they probably suck to you. to the rest of us who dig trance- these two are masters of it.

Originally posted by Shadowz

acosta & padilla both have been through ups and downs.

acosta is still pretty damn popular around the country, still able to sell lots of cd's if you know what i mean. his following im miami is what seems to be up and down.

padilla just isn't given enough respect and opportunities lately. they are both top-notch dj's. anyone who has been to shadow lounge or the mix know what i mean. so if you don't like anything BUT house, then they probably suck to you. to the rest of us who dig trance- these two are masters of it.

well said.

Ok, ok, ok....I do give just a little bit of fuck about the neverending Padilla / Acosta story about them being done...truth is...they've been done for years and years...they might be new to some, kinda new to the others...but they're as old as old can get...do they do a good job??? I wouldn't know...I don't go to see them play, I don't feel motivated at all...I'm on a different thing right now...I might enjoy their shit and reminize about the golden age of transe, sure...but to frequently go see them spin??? No way dude, out with the old in with the new...that's life!

Nice thread Lextcy, stay keul ;)

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

Originally posted by funketeer

Ok, ok, ok....I do give just a little bit of fuck about the neverending Padilla / Acosta story about them being done...truth is...they've been done for years and years...they might be new to some, kinda new to the others...but they're as old as old can get...do they do a good job??? I wouldn't know...I don't go to see them play, I don't feel motivated at all...I'm on a different thing right now...I might enjoy their shit and reminize about the golden age of transe, sure...but to frequently go see them spin??? No way dude, out with the old in with the new...that's life!

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

at least your honest

smileybreasts.gif

David Padilla played a badass set @ space after tiesto.

It's just his attitude that get people not to hire him or support him. I think he has great skills, from back in the dayz of the Mix.

but attitude will kill it.

As far as GA. HA.

He is done, over, fin. the end, pack up your record bag and get the fuck out of dodge.

He just bought a huge house, I wounder if he's going to be able to keep up with the payments! :laugh:

Originally posted by funketeer

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

If you dont out to see them then how the hell would you know what there new live sets consist of????As far as acosta goes no way is he done he doesnt draw big here in nyc but he gets a decent crowd most dj"s that come through nyc play all the "classics" that built them up a few years back what i like about acosta is he is definitly progressing and doesnt fill his sets by playing it safe with a whole bunch of classics he allways spins new shit and you might hear 1 song from each of his cd"s he is allways evolving. padilla i wont comment on cause i have not seen him latly so how would i know. alot of people in nyc say JP is done i dont go see him anymore but there are hundreds of kids that still do i just dont like his new stuff as much. so its all opinon

i haven't had a chance to see DP in a long time. i was a Mix reg so it used to be a weekly thing with him. but the few times i did catch him, he had a different style. as far as acosta goes, I've caught him a couple more times than DP. he's got so much talent, money and fan-ship but he can't seem to bring it all together.

he's vibe is kinda like "whatever fans. u come to see me spin only the records i like & i don't care how old the songs are, you're gonna hear what i like." the years keep going by an both DP and George seem be slipping away from us here locally.

i think both are good ..but i think the fact the GA has been spinning here regularly for a few years i think hes gotten old ...but he still rocks it whenever i see him ..he never disappoints...as for DP ive seen him twice and hes rocked it as well ...never got to see him at the mix cuz i didnt like trance back then ..but i saw him at a few "REMIX" parties and he was awesome....he does have an attitude problem though. id rather go see tiesto and pvd every 3 months...but i never forget the dj that got me loving trance and thats GA!!! awake was my first cd and i still jam to it and remember those days :screwy: