Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Adventures in DC trotting

So I went to dinner w/ a friend last night and then the plan was to go to Felix to chill.

We had wine w/ dinner - I never drink wine so I was pretty tipsy after we downed the whole bottle. We decide we don't want to go to Felix since we don't know who is spinning. We can't make a decision to save our lives at this point so we just wander outside the restaurant hoping that something we'll inspire us.

We walked passed Home and I suddenly remember one of my friends is a bouncer there. So we decide we are just gonna go say Hi. You should have seen the line to get into this place and it was only 10:30. It was down the block! I find my friend Nabil and he asks if we want to come in for a little bit. What the hell, right? We don't know what we are doing anyway. So we just waltz right in much to the dismay of the people in line and hand the other bouncer our little comp tickets. Have you guys been to Home? The minute we walked in we started making fun of everyone. :laugh: They did have some chill couches though, if it wasn't for the lousy music, it would be a cool place. But they have half price drink specials till 11 so we figured we better start pounding the drinks. No more red wine for me so I turn to my old buddy Stoli O & tonic. It only cost $7 for two drinks and w/ stoli o! not rail alcohol! No idea how many drinks we had in the 30 minutes left of the drink specials. :drunk:

The music is killing us so we leave Home in search of good music. We contemplated going to Nation for like a minute since some friends were spinning in the front room but I decide its time to hit GuaRapo. I'm WASTED at this point. We hop in a cab for what seemed like the longest cab ride ever.

I can barely make it up the steps of GuaRapo - still very :drunk: But we decide we still aren't drunk enough to stop drinking. Luckily the wait staff there takes a million years to bring you a drink so we couldn't down very many before it was time to go. We did bum some shisha from the crew that was there. Brian, Erin, Krish (sorry we missed your set), Amy, Tim & Michelle it was good to see you guys :) Brian - thanks for playing the With or Without you track even though neither Matty nor I realized you played it..... hahaha

Me - "Hey when are you going to play that With or Without you track?" You - "I just played it right before this track!" Me - "Play it again dammit!" :laugh: Thanks for Gorecki - I remember that one! :D

Anyhow - I'm totally hungover. Sorry we didn't make it to Five w/ you guys. I don't think I could have handled another change in venue at that point! :D