Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: talented locals taking over ld...it's not raining..

djresident

and hell has quite possible frozen over??!

thanks for your comments in the agent thread, they will all be brought up to mgmt soon. as mostly djs and not promoters we would prefer above all else to let things grow in an organic manner, and do the best to offer a no nonsense night.

groovehell - i think most people are familiar with debo, but for the rest of the guests/residents i'll make an effort to describe the style for newbies and whatnot.

nyis - girls, girls, girls i do adore...with plenty of residents and a very limited budget for outside guests (meaning not our friends [meaning probably 'prog' djs]) we're making some effort to bring in new (deserving) people like ac, dan, tasty, etc. make sure to have a dictionary next you when you read infinite jest, you're in for it!

bam

sq1-012

26-jun-03 john debo & daniel spurling

----------

sq1-013

03-jul-03 deklab

----------

sq1-014

10-jul-03 john debo & matt fonstein a/k/a tasty

----------

sq1 thursdays at axis

always five bucks

always zero attitude

sq1

p.s.

teamj, get a day job:hat:

Davey my friend, I hope you didn’t misunderstand what I was saying last week, bro. First of, none of it was intended as criticism, only constructive marketing advice. I think you and the whole Square One crew have done a tremendous job in a very tough market. I applaud you guys, really. You have unquestionably gained the respect and support of many DJs, promoters and dance scene regulars. But if you want to reach beyond this crowd, you have to sell this thing a little differently. A lot of people, and dare I say a lot of chicks, don’t care to hear about a DJs production history, label affiliations or driving tech house style. In fact, that may turn them off because they won’t know what it all means. Instead, sell this thing for what is ALSO is, a casual, no bullshit, inexpensive and friendly night of clubbing. People can do the whole snotty and expensive international euro lounge thing on almost any other night. But on Thursdays, people can come as they are with the cash they find in their couch and dance their asses off. Aside from the impressive DJs, that’s what Square One is, and that’s what needs to be conveyed…not to me or to message board people, but to everyone else.

hey, i agree wholeheartedly...untill we figure out to reach more people with the basic vibe and idea of the night i'll try to inform more of the internet community as to what kind of styles we have, like you rightly pointed out with the agent001/funky-house example.

i'm beyond psyched to be involved with this, and above all i'm interested in the night being a success, because it was an idea launched by like-minded people, as i'm sure you can understand. thanks!

peas:cool: