Clubplanet Nightlife Community

charleston

Guest jroo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe 5 years from now when some of us have moved around we can all have a DC CP reunion in a neutral site. i'mthinking topeka, KS would be equally as far for the people who remain in th east coast as for the ones that might move to the west coast.

Originally posted by cookiegirl

I often profess my hatred for certain things about DC. But I'll still miss it horribly. I love the history, the variety and most of the people. :shaky:

:tongue:

whats so bad about DC that you didn't like?

Originally posted by vicman

maybe 5 years from now when some of us have moved around we can all have a DC CP reunion in a neutral site. i'mthinking topeka, KS would be equally as far for the people who remain in th east coast as for the ones that might move to the west coast.

I can see it now...

"Tribal in the Wheatfields!"

Originally posted by vicman hell i like DC, no complaints there, i just like moving around and shit some people here on the east coast are high strung.

A lot of people on the east coast are stuck up. I've been to the west coast a couple of times, and people over there are sooooo much nicer, a lot easier to make friends and meet people.

Guest jroo

I often profess my hatred for certain things about DC. But I'll still miss it horribly. I love the history, the variety and most of the people. :shaky:

:tongue:

ok, sorry to do this hun, but you're being fined for over use and abuse of the :shaky: smiley. take off one article of clothing.

whats so bad about DC that you didn't like?

It's not that DC is that bad. But there are definitely some aspects of it that drive me nuts. Every city has things like that though. *shrug*

Tourists, oh god, the tourists

Swampy DC Weather

High strung people and high stress environment

That's all I got right now. ;)

Originally posted by lena1279

A lot of people on the east coast are stuck up. I've been to the west coast a couple of times, and people over there are sooooo much nicer, a lot easier to make friends and meet people.

If you are talking about SF/Norcal, I completely agree.

If you are talking about LA/Socal, I completely disagree.

yeah, i agree. when i lived in NY my roomates were all from CA, some of the nicest and coolest people i've ever met, couldn't have asked for better roomates.

Guest jroo

ive heard a lot of nice things about charleston. how the people are super friendly, that its a beautiful city. that everyone talks really slow. i do think my personality is more geared towards the fuck you new york attitude, but we'll see.

Originally posted by jroo ive heard a lot of nice things about charleston. how the people are super friendly, that its a beautiful city. that everyone talks really slow. i do think my personality is more geared towards the fuck you new york attitude, but we'll see.

That's probably b/c it's more south - I heard southern people are really nice too, but the only place I went to was Miami - and people don't have that southern hospitality goin on down there....LOL

Guest jroo

about the night life in charleston.

if you guys could teach me how to spin cd's then i could dj down there!! if i could get soulseek to work then i'd have cutting edge progressive house music to spin for all the southerners. :):)

any takers on who wants to teach me in an intensive 2 week course?

It's not that DC is that bad. But there are definitely some aspects of it that drive me nuts. Every city has things like that though. *shrug*

Swampy DC Weather

:laugh: :laugh:

thats why i got the hell out of eastern market. i couldnt stand the tourists, the parking, the cramped environement, the higher taxes, the stuck up government people, all the lawyers... ugh, i defeinitely have enjoyed my time more once i moved to the 'burbs, first Alexandria, and for the past year Silve Springs. Less tax, no tourists, don't have to worry about parking, fewer lawyers, and I find that there is more stuff to do out here than in the district. Once I went to all the museums and toursity areas, ok, whats next?

Guest jroo

That's probably b/c it's more south - I heard southern people are really nice too, but the only place I went to was Miami - and people don't have that southern hospitality goin on down there....LOL

hahahhaha, no they dont!!!

Originally posted by jroo

ive heard a lot of nice things about charleston. how the people are super friendly, that its a beautiful city. that everyone talks really slow. i do think my personality is more geared towards the fuck you new york attitude, but we'll see.

I had to go to Nashville a lot in the early 90s. They were literally the friendliest people.

Originally posted by jroo

about the night life in charleston.

if you guys could teach me how to spin cd's then i could dj down there!! if i could get soulseek to work then i'd have cutting edge progressive house music to spin for all the southerners. :):)

any takers on who wants to teach me in an intensive 2 week course?

progressive is boring :rolleyes::tongue:

tribal man, spin tribal!

the west coast is more than CA. :rolleyes:

I don't even consider Washington or Oregon part of the Union... that is like United States of Microsoft and they're at war with everyone else lol.

Guest jroo

progressive is boring :rolleyes::tongue:

tribal man, spin tribal!

you know i like it hard. dark.

Swampy DC Weather

fyi - SF is crawling with tourists year round.

but weather and people there are much cooler. and the food!!:eek: omg, simply wonderful. :drool:

Originally posted by rockyblue

fyi - SF is crawling with tourists year round.

but weather and people there are much cooler. and the food!!:eek: omg, simply wonderful. :drool:

That's why I'm taking the vicman tactic and not living in S.F. proper. I'll be in the South Bay, avoiding tourists and fog. ;)

I cannot wait to eat my way through San Francisco. :devil: